Chapter 6: Meant to do that

Taehyung was having fun chitchat with his co-workers. He was holding a soda in his left hand while walking back to the company. He was smiling ear-to-ear and looking at his co-worker instead on his way. He flinched when he bumped into something hard and the soda he was holding fell to the ground.

"I- I'm sorry" Taehyung apologized not knowing what to do.

He gasped seeing the person he bumped into, he swallowed hard when he met their CEO's eyes.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Jeon, I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry, I'm not looking my way." Taehyung bowed his head apologetically.

"It's okay, Mr. Kim, don't apologize." Jungkook told him even though the soda spilled on his white button-up shirt.

"It's my fault, Mr. Jeon, please don't fire me." Taehyung uttered nervously while biting his bottom lip.

He can hear the employee's whispers surrounding him. He wants to slap himself for being so clumsy, he's really stupid.

He wanted to cry right now but he heard Jungkook chuckle. He looked up confusedly and to his surprise, Jungkook cupped his cheeks.

"There's nothing to worry about, Mr. Kim. I won't fire you but you need to buy me another shirt, I have to attend the meeting and I can't attend like this." Jungkook simply said while showing his shirt.

"Tuh-then, I will buy you one, Mr. Jeon." Taehyung muttered even though he wasn't sure how much money he have.

"Okay, let's go now." Jungkook grabbed his right wrist.

"R-right now?"

Taehyung didn't expect that, he thought he will buy it after work or when he got his salary.

"Yes, I don't have extra in my office so we should get going now, or else, I will get late with my meeting." Jungkook smiled.

Taehyung hummed in response and Jungkook started to drag him out of the company, leaving his employees confused.

"Did you just see what happened?" Taeui mumbled while watching the two leaving the company.

"I'm pretty sure he meant to bump on Taehyung." Mica retorted surely since they saw Jungkook was looking at Taehyung and bumped into him.

"Did he do that to get Taehyung's attention or what?" Kyushu asked curiously.

"I don't know but they are sus for me." Taeui uttered while munching on his burger.

-----

Taehyung and Jungkook were in the car, the omega was fidgeting with his finger while Jungkook was driving.

"I'm so sorry again, Mr. Jeon." Taehyung muttered, nibbling his bottom lip.

"Why are you calling me Mr. Jeon? Don't you suppose to call me by just my name or nickname when we're not at our work? Aren't we friends, Taehyung hyung?" Jungkook stated and looked at him when the stop light went red.

"W-we are, but, I heard something about you." Taehyung uttered.

"What is it then?" Jungkook inquired curiously.

"That, you don't make friends with someone like me. I mean, people who were poor. It will be an issue if they find out that you are befriended me." Taehyung sighed.

He flinched when he felt Jungkook's fingers under his chin and make him look at him.

"So, that's the reason why you are ignoring me?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung was kind of guilty.

"I don't want to but I have to do that, I don't want to make rumors about you and me again." Taehyung stated.

"Pup, why are you believing in that kind of rumor? I like you that's why I want to befriend you. Don't you like me too?" Jungkook replied.

Taehyung didn't expect that nickname. For some reason, he found it oddly satisfying to his ear and he almost let out a whine because of that. He was sure, Jungkook changed his tone while calling him 'pup' it sounds soft and gentle.

"I- I like you too, of course. I'm worried that---"

"Good, I'm glad to hear that. That's all I want to hear." Jungkook immediately cut him off.

Taehyung was about to open his mouth to speak but he just closed it, sighing in defeat.

They arrived at the mall, Jungkook was already choosing his white button-up shirt while Taehyung was cursing under his breath seeing how pricey they were. He only can do was bite his bottom lip thinking why the heck this piece of cloth was expensive.

He took out his wallet from his pocket and open it. A fly came out and Taehyung saw only 5,000 won. He smacked his own forehead knowing he fucked up so bad.

"Pup, are you okay?"

Suddenly, he heard Jungkook's voice from his behind. He makes sure his face looks fine before turning around to face Jungkook.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." He smiled forcefully which was so obvious because his upper lip was trembling.

"Do you have any problem?" Jungkook asked once again to make sure he was really fine.

"Nothing..."

No, he should tell to Jungkook before everything gets worst.

"Actually, I'm not fine, I have a problem." Taehyung uttered while fidgeting his fingers.

"What is it? You can tell it to me." Jungkook retorted.

"Ahm, I- I don't have money to pay for the shirt you wanted. I could only buy you cheap ones like in a bargain and kind of second-hand clothes. I'm so sorry, Jungkook, I hope you understand me." Taehyung bowed his head apologetically feeling so embarrassed right now.

Jungkook chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"You are worried for nothing, pup. It's okay, I can pay for myself, you know. If you want, you can also choose for yourself and I'll pay for us." Jungkook smiled tapping the omega's head.

"Nuh-no! I'm fine, just buy for you instead." Taehyung quickly declined the Alpha's offer.

"Don't mind the money, It's my treat." Jungkook assured him.

"But---"

"No more buts, pup, or else, I will change my mind and let you pay them." Jungkook cut him off.

And Taehyung sighed in defeat, he just nodded his head and Jungkook smiled when the omega agreed.