1

Y/N's P.O.V.

Today's gonna be my first day for Summer Camp! Oh boy, I'm so excited!
Is what I would've thought if I wasn't forcefully shoved into it.

The sack my parents packed for me consisted of the following: Whatever they packed for me. I wasn't paying attention when they were stuffing new clothes in it. I'm pretty sure they would've packed dresses and skirts though, so I got a backpack in case of disaster. A turtleneck sweatshirt, 2 pairs of shorts 2 pairs of jeans, 2 t-shirts, a hoodie, and undergarments. Also, a pair of headphones, my phone, and my phone charger.

I planned it all out! According to simple logic, 4 different bottom clothes and 4 different top clothes make 16 unique outfits. This way, I can glide past having too many choices, while people have a difficult time catching on to the fact that I'm wearing the same clothes from 2-4 days ago! It's brilliant! I learned it from one of my 5th-grade teachers. I made a graph too!

 I made a graph too!

It's beautiful. Sixteen squares showing the different options.

I get my back-up bag and the sack my parent's packed for me and headed to the bus at the end of the road. I get to the bus as the doors open, revealing an old man with grey hair and a beard and mustache. In short, he looked like every old bad guy murderer from every slasher horror movie.

I get on the bus and sit on a torn-up chair. I stare out the window as the sight of my house fades away entirely. Placing my head on the window, I slowly fall asleep.

Harrison's P.O.V.

*Sigh* No one's been wanting to watch me practice my magic lately. It's been a long time since anyone would watch. No one really likes talking to me. I'm the 'weirdo' of this camp, so why would they?

Luckily, I heard that there will be a new kid! I wonder what they'll be like. Will they love magic like me? Or will they be a part of another camp and never want to talk to me? I just hope that they'll be my friend. No one else here really enjoys my company. I hope that they're nice as well. Maybe I'm asking too much?  I sigh.

They're coming over today though, so I have to give them a good impression! I need to prepare! Hopefully, they'll like me. After I finish preparing, I'll go over to the bus stop to be the first to greet them! Wait, is that the bus? DAMN IT! I'm too late. I need to get there before the others! How did that spell work again?

Y/N's P.O.V.
I wake up to a loud groan as the bus stops. I felt refreshed and ready for the rest of the day! Just joking! I was still tired and began to wonder what day of the week it was. "Camper's here," the bus driver says in a monotone voice.

I hop out of the bus as my parents' sack tied to my backpack swayed back and forth, occasionally swinging into my leg. I see a scrawny boy around my age with big, brown hair, blue eyes, and a yellow short-sleeved turtle-neck.

Next to the boy was a young woman. She had semi-long, deep brown-red hair tied back, shorts, amethyst-purple eyes, and knee-high, pink socks.

Next to the woman, there was a young man with auburn hair, red knees, and forest green eyes. Pretty silly since we're in a forest. Wait. "A science camp in the forest?".

The scrawny boy stares at me as his light navy blue eyes glisten. Why is he so happy?

I smile at the boy and wave. He smiles and waves back. I look over to the man, who cheers, "HEEEEEEEELOO NEW CAMPER!".

I look at the other two. The woman looks like she'd rather be anywhere else. The boy seems rather in a daze.

I look at the man, who continues, "I'm David! This is Gwen! We're the camp counselors!".

I look back at the boy, and David continues, "And this boy's name is Neil! Say 'Hi' Neil!".

"H-hi,"

I smile and say, "Hi Neil! I'm Y/N!".

I give him a weak smile filled with nervous tension. I just hope that he doesn't think I'm weird.

I hold my parents' sack while my backpack kept my back straight. I stared at the three. David, Gwen, and Neil. "I like that name. Neil," I say out loud to myself.

They didn't seem to hear, but I wouldn't have wanted them to. I gather myself and walk over to David. He smiles even brighter than he already was, and lead the way to Science Camp, skipping with every step.

When I get there, I became very confused. The 'Science Camp' was shitty. I stare at the crappy baking soda volcano and felt the wooden beakers, only to get a splinter on my hand. I had to stare at it all for a while to get it in my head. The magnifying glass that was labeled 'Microscope', the splintering wooden table, everything. It was a scam!

I raise my head from the stand and look at Neil, who looks at me with sympathetic eyes. He probably experienced the same betrayal when he first saw this place. I look at David, who began to look very nervous. Gwen looks indifferent.

I look around the stand and see other stands similar to this one, but with different themes. Magic Camp, Arts & Crafts Camp, Theater Camp, and others. I stare at it all in disbelief. How is something like this legally possible?

I was just about to ask when I decided to keep my mouth shut. I remembered the pamphlet for this camp. I grab it and take a look. In print so small you would need an actual microscope to see it. Right below 'SCIENCE CAMP' it read 'AND MORE'. I stare at those bottom two words as it slowly clicked in my head. This was an all-in-one-camp, but scamier.

I shove the paper back into my sack and look at David as I felt a smile slowly growing on my face. I hid it to avoid suspicion. The auburn-haired man looked at me with a nervous smile, and said, "This is Science Camp!".

I furrow my eyebrows in fake frustration and sigh, closing my eyes. I ask David, "Can I see the other camps?". I want to see what these other camps are like, so what?

David's smile became big and happy as he cheered, "Sure thing Y/N! Have fun!".

I smile back, and walk to the first camp I noticed. Magic Camp.