2

Harrison's P.O.V.

Okay. The new camper's part of Science Camp. That's not bad! Maybe she'll like magic too? Maybe she'll be my friend? "Who am I kidding?" I say, sighing as she goes to her camp.

"She's interested in science! If I learned anything from Neil, it's that scientists frown upon magic."

She wouldn't want to be friends with me. I'm just an outcast. A weirdo. Someone destined to never make any friends with a family terrified of them because of a horrible mistake they made far in the past.

I sigh in defeat and- *CRACK*

I hear a branch snap behind me, so I turn around. It's her!

I meet her gaze and loose words. Oh my goodness she's the one that came over to this camp! Maybe she does like magic? I speak up, "Oh hi! I'm Harrison. What might your name be?".

Y/N's P.O.V.

I walk over to the Magic Camp when I see a boy around my and Neil's age. He had dark gingerbread brown hair, a top hat, black jeans, and a black waistcoat covering a yellow long-sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He was facing away from me. At least, until I stepped on a branch.

He swiftly turns around, revealing his olive-green eyes. He wore white gloves as he ruffles a stack of playing cards. Basically, he looks like a magician. I stare at his eyes as he greets himself. I tell him my name and we start talking.

"So Y/N, which camp did you sign up for?".

"I'm in the Science Camp, but it isn't really the greatest place to do experiments. *Chuckle*".

"Cool! I'm in the Magic Camp!".

"Wow! Can I see a trick?".

He walks towards me until he was around 2 feet away from my face. He reached his arm to my face. I quickly dodged it. He seemed heartbroken by that movement. I tell him, "Sorry, reflexes. Go on."

He puts his hand next to my ear and pulls his hand back. In his hand was a nickel! I loved this trick! It was simple, yet cool! I stare at him in awe. He gave me a clever smirk. He probably loved making people happy. 

I tell him, "Woah! Can you do another trick?".

His eyes become optimistic and hopeful as his smile reaches ear to ear. I scratch my head as he pulls out the stack of cards from earlier. Where were they this entire time, and how did he seemingly gather them out of thin air?

He tells me, "Pick a card!".

I point at the red ace of diamonds. He puts the stack back together and shuffles the deck until I lost my own card. He pulls out a card at seemingly random and asks, "Is THIS your card?".

I sympathetically smile and give him a look of disappointment as I say, "No. That's a black king of spades."

He gives me a clever smirk as he says, "My mistake. But what's that on your head?".

I pat my head and feel something that wasn't hair. I grab it and pull my hand down to see it. It was a red ace of diamonds! I look at Harrison with a big smile and exclaim, "Hey! That's so cool!".

He seemed please with himself as I give him back the card. Then I asked him, "How did you do that?".

He looks at me with his big eyes and tells me, "It's magic!".

He continues, "TaDa!" as he makes the whole stack of cards disappear by moving his hand over it.

I stare in total awe and tell him how amazing that was. He seems to love attention and soaked up my affection.

We then start talking again.

"So Harrison, when did you start being a magician?".

"Hmm. I've been able to do magic for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a baby I had magical powers."

Wait. Powers? I look at him and our gazes met. The uncomfortable eye contact was nice.

"How about you? When did you start liking science?"

I broke our eye contact and stare off into the sky as my smile quickly left my face. I felt as though I could trust him with my backstory, but he was a stranger. It was odd. I continue to stare off into nothing. I felt like I was gonna cry anytime soon, but was able to hold it in. The sack began to feel burdensome and heavy.

I glance over to him and saw his sympathetic eyes. I turn my head to look at him as he says, "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it right now. I understand if it's a touchy subject."

He grabs a large cloth and puts it on the ground behind me. I turn around to see why. He picks up the cloth quickly and in place of nothing, there was a chair! It was incredible! He does it again on a spot next to the chair and tells me to sit down.

I sit on the first chair as he makes a chair come out of thin air for a second time. Huh. Powers. Weird, but in a cool sense!

I open my mouth but decided that not speaking would be better. I liked this silence. It was comforting to have Harrison by my side and we're just not talking.

It was comforting and it made me happy. I turned my head to look at him, he did the same. He asked, "So-, does this mean that we're friends now?".

"Sure! that sounds awesome!" I reply to him cheerfully.

Harrison looks absolutely ecstatic about that! Guess he doesn't have many friends? But who wouldn't want to be friends with him? Oh well.

We stare at each other, unsure of what to do now, until David shouted happily from far away, "OK CAMPERS!! LUNCHTIME!!".

Harrison and I sit up from our chairs, which vanished after we did so, and I followed my new friend. I think that this summer will go along great!