4

Y/N's P.O.V.

We get inside the only solid building in this area and it began to rain cats and dogs outside. Literally. The mud on my shoes made it hard to walk on the wooden floor. My backpack pushed my back in as I tried to gain balance on the now-slippery floor. The sack swinging from front to back as I walked. I resist the urge to rip it off and throw the sack far away. Far away for the cats and dogs falling from the sky to eat.

I look at Harrison, who was able to avoid all of the mud puddles. He was oddly perfectly dry. He didn't have a single drop of rain on him! I wasn't as lucky as him.

My shoes were muddy and my clothes were only partially dry because my hair took most of the rain instead. I was half-drenched, yet Harrison was perfectly fine! Talk about luck.

He looks at me and asks panicked, "Y-Y/N! Are you okay? Should I get you a towel?".

I look at him and smile sincerely as I nod my head. He's probably just really lucky. He rushes over to a storage closet and grabs a towel. He comes back and hands it to me. As I dry off, Harrison looks at himself and says, "Weird. How come you look like you were in a water balloon fight, but I'm perfectly dry?".

He continues, "I guess things are starting to get better for me! I don't know what you did Y/N, but thank you!".

I raise an eyebrow as I ask, "How would I have helped with your luck?".

He looks at me and says, "I'm not sure, but it was since you started watching my magic when I started getting this lucky!".

I roll my eyes as he says, "*Gasp* Maybe you're magical like me!".

I chuckle as he jokes around. Then, the Mess Hall's doors opened. We turn around to see everyone walking in from the rain.

I smile as I see Nurf getting some much-deserved karma as he's covered in mud and rain. The fat bully walks over to me and Harrison and laughs out, "HA! I didn't know it was possible Magic Kid!".

Harrison asks, "What do you mean?".

Nerf shouts, "I didn't know girls could be wet near you!".

Harrison did not like that. In fact, he was extremely mad at that statement. I would be too if I was him. But that was pretty funny! I stifled my laughter and just pretended to ignore Nerf.

The counselors walked in, ushering the last few kids into the Mess Hall. Once everyone was inside, they walked inside and closed the door.

David sorrowly told everyone, "Okay campers. It seems that there's a freak storm going on, and we'll have to take shelter here for the night."

Everyone groans as David and Gwen go into a closet to grab some sleeping supplies. I pat my hair down with my towel, but I was getting kinda cold. I guess the heater isn't on, so the outside cold's seeping inside.

My damp hair and towel started to feel like ice, so I started to shiver. Then I felt a warm embrace.

Harrison's P.O.V.

I see Y/N shivering. It is pretty chilly inside. I hug her from the side since I didn't know what else to do. I'm just a kid after all. We just sit on the bench and I just hold her. It was nice.

I let go of her after she waves me off. She pulls off her backpack and reaches into it. I look at her as she pulls out a pair of headphones and a phone. She gets onto a YouTube playlist titled, 'Vent Songs' and starts listening to it, skipping to a certain part.

I decide to not ask about it as she rests her forehead on my shoulder. I can hear the song she was listening to through her headphones.

'I live inside my own world of make-believe.

Kids screaming in their cradles profanities.

Somedays I feel skinnier than all the other days.

Somedays I can't tell if my body

Belongs to me.

I love everything.

Fire spreading all around

My room.

My world's

So bright.

It's hard

To breathe.

But that's alright!

Hush.'

I pick my head up from it and she picks her head to look up at me. I give her a look of concern. Her reply left me in complete shock. "What? It's true."

I stutter, trying to find words of comfort for her. Maybe some sort of help. I just sat there in silence as she continued listening to her music. I just sat there. I don't know what else to do. I'm just a kid. I hug her from the side. She hugs me back.

I feel her start to tremble in my arms, so I hold her closer to my chest. I don't know what to do. I just hope that this was comforting for her.

She gets up, puts her backpack back on, and starts walking. She tells me, "I'll be right back," as she walks away.

I was curious about what she was doing, so I followed her as stealthily as possible. She slid through people gracefully as if she was used to moving through crowds. I, on the other hand, fumbled around. I wasn't as graceful, but I was able to get through the crowd of 10 children and 3 adults.

I see her walk out of the door, so I follow her out, slipping out of the door before it closed. She kept walking through the rain, so I kept following her. The rain was starting to hit my head. Where's she going?

I kept following her as she reaches the forest. She stops for a bit to look at the forest. It's as if she's examing it. Her head turns left and right slowly to see the whole place. She starts marching through the thickest, most overgrown part of the forest and just keeps walking through it.

I follow her carefully as she steps over tree trunks and bushes and ducks underneath branches. She seemed like she was gaining speed despite the overgrowth making the path harder to walk on.