=Chapter 6=

Zuko's pov

I looked in horror as y/n Jumped in the way of my attack. "Y/N!" She slammed into a pillar behind her. She was unconscious. I threw the avatar and y/n over my shoulder. I carried them to a cave where I tied up the avatar.

 I set y/n down gently. she looked so calm. she shivered and I used my fire bending to warm her up. She has grown even more beautiful since I left the fire nation. She was older. her features were more defined, and she was taller. her hair fell over her face. I used my finger to push it behind her ear. She opened her eyes and sat up rubbing her head. 

"Ow, thanks a lot Zuko," she grumbled.

"I guess now we're even." I let out a small laugh.

Her eyes widen when she saw the Airbender, "Is that the avatar?" I nodded "Wow he really is a kid." she looked back at me and scooted closer. "It's so cold out here." she rested her head on my shoulder. I felt my face get warm.

"We can't do anything in this blizzard. I guess we're gonna be here a while." I said.  She lifted her head and faced me.           

"What did those pirates do to you?" She held my face in her hands. Her eyes searched my wounds. 

"They blew up my ship," I replied. 

Her eyes widened "What!? Why!? Why would they do that!?"    

"Zhao sent them," I told her. She didn't look angry. she looked sad. 

"Oh, Zuko..." a tear ran down her cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb resting my hand on my cheek. She looked up at my eyes and said. "I almost lost you. Without telling y-" 

 Suddenly the avatar hoisted himself up. Y/n and I turned to look at him. He looked confused "Huh?!"  He struggled against his ropes.

"Welcome back," I grumbled   

"Good to be back." He said then looked at Y/n and said. " Who are you?"

"I'm y/n!" she smiled at him. "What's your name, avatar?"

"I'm Aang!" he smiled back at her then turned to me and blow a huge gust of wind at me slamming me into the stone behind me. Everything went black.

------------------------

Y/n pov  

 Aang prepared to do the same to me but I bent a rock in front of me. He looked bewildered "You're an earth bender?!"

"Yes and I'm not going to hurt you." I gestured to Zuko, "Sorry about my friend,"  I walked closer to him and untied him. "He won't be out for long. You should get going," 

He walked to the mouth of the cave and shouted, "APPA!" 

I looked at the sky and saw a giant furry monster with six legs, "What the hel- " The monster landed in front of us. The water tribe girl and a boy with a boomerang hopped off of it.

The boy got into a fighting stance but the girl put a hand on his shoulder and said, " It's ok Sokka, she tried to help me earlier when I was fighting Zuko," 

"Katara is right, She helped me get out of these ropes," he held the ropes out in front of him. The boy (Sokka apparently) gave me a skeptical look. 

He walked over to Aang and said, "Why would she help us? She is from the fire nation." He gestured to my armor. 

"Oh actually I'm from the Earth Kingdom," I bent a few rocks behind me to show them I wasn't lying, 

"Umm ok," He looked at the rope in Aang's hand, "Hey, this is some quality rope!"