=Chapter 30=

I sat on the steps making some watermelon juice with Katara as Zuko trained Aang. 

"That sounded pathetic! I said roar!" Zuko yelled. Aang roared as he sent out three streams of fire. 

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara held up a few of the glasses.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me, me!" Aang bolted over but was stopped by Zuko grabbing this collar. 

"Hey! Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!" He lifted Aang into the air by his clothes with one hand.

Strong boy uwu 🙈

"Come on, Zuko. Cut him some slack," I walked over to Zuko and handed him a drink. 

"Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki asked. 

"Fine!" He let go of Aang, "If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!" He stormed off. I looked back at the group, rolled my eyes, and followed him. 

I found him in his room sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. He didn't notice I was there. I kneeled in front of him and gently pulled his hand away from his face. His eyes were filled with worry, "Zuko, I know you're worried but you have to remember, he's just a kid," I carest his hands with my thumbs. "Whatever happens, I'll be by your side,"   

His eyes glistening met mine, "What if you can't be?" His voice cracked. 

I sat on the bed next to him and kissed his forehead, "I'm not going to let that happen," 

His widened and he stood up, "I have an idea!" He ran out of the room. 

"What are you doing!?" I chased after him.

"I'm going to attack Aang," He kept running.

"Wh- ZUKO!"  

He jumped and blasted a huge pile of sand. He kept shouting fire at Aang and chasing him around the beach/house.  Eventually, Zuko got knocked out a window. 

"What the hell, Zuko! What's wrong with you!?" I stormed up to him. 

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with all of you? How can you sit around having beach parties when Sozin's Comet is only three days away?" Zuko yelled. Did no one tell him? " Why are you all looking at me like I'm crazy?" 

"About Sozin's Comet ... I was actually gonna wait to fight the Fire Lord until after it came," Aang said.

"After?" Zuko looked outraged. I nodded. "You knew about this?"  

"I'm not ready. I need more time to master firebending," Aang explained.

"And frankly, your earthbending could still use some work too," Toph added.

"So, you all knew Aang was going to wait?" He looked around at all of us. 

"Honestly, if Aang tries to fight the Fire Lord now, he's going to lose," Sokka looked over at Aang "No offense,"

"The whole point of fighting the Fire Lord before the Comet was to stop the Fire Nation from winning the War, but they pretty much won the war when they took Ba Sing Se. Things can't get any worse," I put my hand on Zuko's shoulder.

"You're wrong," He turned away, "It's about to get worse than you can even imagine. The day before the eclipse, my father asked me to attend an important war meeting. It was what I dreamed about for so many years. My father had finally accepted me back." He told us how they were planning to destroy the entire Earth Kingdom. "I wanted to speak out against this horrifying plan, but I'm ashamed to say I didn't. My whole life, I struggled to gain my father's love and acceptance, but once I had it, I realized I'd lost myself getting there. I'd forgotten who I was," I stood there in shock. Zuko frantically searched my face with his eyes.