=Chapter 33=

I felt soft fabric under me and the swish of waves hitting wood rang in my ears. I opened my eyes but all a saw was a blurry blue shape.  I groaned, feeling the aches in my arm, head, and side. 

"Y/n!" Katara's voice said. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes.

"Katara?" She smiled down at me. I suddenly shot up. I clutched my head, "WHAT HAPPENED?! WHERE'S ZUKO? IS HE OK? WHAT ABOUT AANG? DID WE WIN?" all my questions spilled out. Katara gently laid me back down.

"Zuko's fine and so is everyone else. We won," She smiled. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you got seriously hurt and once they had a chance, Suki, Toph, and Sokka took you to a hospital in the earth kingdom. When they got back to the fire nation with Aang. Zuko heard what happened and totally freaked out. I was sent here to get you and help you heal. You've been out for about a week. We are on our to the fire nation right now for Zuko's coronation," She explained.

I sat up more slowly this time, "Zuko is going to be the fire lord," I had to process this. "MY BOYFRIEND IS GONNA BE THE FIRE LORD!" I beamed. 

"Yep! Oh and Y/n Once you think you're ready to get up there is someone here who wants to see you," She said. I nodded, wondering who it could be.        

After a few hours, I got up and walked out of the room onto the deck of the earth kingdom boat. I saw a group of three people sitting and eating soup. One of the familiar faces stood out to me. One now more withered with age but still beautiful. 

"MOM!" I wailed as I ran into her arms. She held me tightly.

"Y/n! I've missed you my little flower!" She held me at arm's length and studied each feature on my face.  "You grew up to be even more beautiful than I expected!" Tears weld in both our eyes. 

"I love you, mom," I smiled.

"I love you more," She smiled back. I hugged my other two family members and we sat on the deck talking until sunrise. 

By the morning, we had made it to the shores of Azulon. I was rushed to the palace and taken to my old room where a stunning dress laid on my bed. It was a silk, floor-length, emerald green dress embroidered with golden dragons. 

"M'lady Y/n, this is for you," A girl held out a small box. I opened it to see my emerald locket inside. 

I smiled at the girl, "Thank you, dear," I put on the dress and necklace. 

The girl came back with a hairpiece I sat down to let her style my hair, "The prince had this dress specially made for you,"

I smiled and blushed slightly, "Really?"

"Oh yes," She giggled, "He was so worried you won't make it here in time," 

--------------------------------------------- 

I didn't have time to See Zuko before I was rushed to stand next to my family in the crowd of earth kingdom citizens. 

Zuko emerged to thunderous applause. Zuko's eyes searched the crowd finally landing on me. I smiled adoringly at him. He flashed a small smile before raising a hand and introducing Aang. 

 "Today this war is finally over! I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the Fire Nation. And I will. The road ahead of us is challenging. A hundred years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided. But with the Avatar's help, we can get it back on the right path and begin a new era of love and peace," Zuko Kneeled down. 

The grand fire sage placed the headpiece in Zuko's bun, "ALL HAIL FIRELORD ZUKO!"  

After the ceremony I found Zuko standing on a balcony looking over his kingdom. 

"Zuko," I said softly. He wiped around and a huge smile grew on his face.

"Y/n!" He grabbed my face and peppered it with kisses, "I was so worried I'd lost you!"  

"How are you feeling? Katara told me Azula zapped you," I asked, concern etched in my face. 

"Don't worry about me. Are you healing alright?" He gently put a hand on my side. 

"I'm always worried about you. Stop trying to change the subject," I poked his chest.  

"It's still hard to get dressed and stuff. And uhh... Katara says it's going to scar," He looked away.

I grabbed his chin and moved his face so he would look at me, "Just one more thing to love about you," I pressed a quick kiss onto his lips. 

I ran my thumb over his scar. He closed his eyes and leaned into my hand. I just looked at him for a second. Enjoying a moment of peace. "You know, I'm gonna miss calling you prince Zuko," He hummed a response. "I don't know how I got so lucky. Me, a random girl from a tiny little village in the earth kingdom. And I get to have the handsome fire lord as my boyfriend!" I moved my hands to hold his.    

"Well, I think I'm even luckier. My girlfriend is brave, selfless, kind, talented, smart, not to mention breathtakingly beautiful and I'd give anything to even began to be worthy of such an angel,"  He brought my hands to his face and placed a soft kiss on them. I felt my face heat up. But soon a frown found its way onto my features. "What's wrong, my love?"

"Zuko, My family asked me to stay with them. Not for too long only a few months," I explained.

"You should do it," He said to my surprise, "It's because of my people that you didn't get to grow up alongside your family. It would kill me to hold you back from that,"  

I flung my arms around his neck, "I love you so much!"  

He put his hands on my waist and said, "I love you more," I planted a kiss on his lips.