=Charpter 13=

Zuko and I were still walking around waiting for Iroh to be done with whatever he was up to. Finally, Iroh came running up to us with a huge flower vase in arms.

"I want our new place to look nice in case some brings home a lady friend." Iroh nudged Zuko with his elbow. What the hell, Iroh!?  Zuko put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. 

"This city is a prison. I don't want to make a life here." He said. 

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. Now come on, I found us some new jobs, we start this afternoon." Iroh said.

--------------------------

  Of course, it was at a tea shop. Zuko and I put on our aprons but Iroh seemed to be struggling. 

"Well, you certainly look like official tea servers." Said our new boss. "How do you feel?"

"Ridiculous," Zuko said. I punched his arm and he did the same back. 

"Uh, does the possibly come in a larger size?" Iroh asked. 

"I have some extra string in the back." he smiled, "Have some tea while you wait." He handed us our cups and went to the back. 

Iroh took a sip. "Ew! This is nothing more than hot leaf juice!" He exclaimed.

"Uncle, that's what all tea is," Zuko said.

"How could a member of my own family say something so horrible? Well have to make some major changes around here," Iroh dumped the tea out the window. 

After work, we went back to the apartment. Zuko was laying on the couch. I was sitting on the floor beside him.

"Would you two like a pot of tea?" Iroh asked us. 

"We've been working in a tea shop all day," Zuko said.

"We're sick of tea." I finished. 

"Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing." He lifted up the pot. "Have either of you seen our spark rocks to heat up the water?" I shook my head. Iroh walked out of the apartment.

I lean over the couch resting my head on my arms looking at Zuko. "Hey."                  

"Hey." He just stared at the ceiling. I yanked him off the couch and he landed on me. I laughed. He shifted himself on top with his knees on either side of me and tickled me. 

"Stop it!" I laughed even more. He stopped and put his hands on the floor beside my head. He watched me as I caught my breath. I looked up at him and smirked before getting on top. I straddled his hips and pinned his arms down by his wrists above his head. He looked shocked. I bent down and put my lips to his ears and whispered, "Nice try, Zuko." Just then Iroh walked in. I got off Zuko. My face was bright red and so was Zuko's. Iroh didn't seem to notice anything. 

"I borrowed our neighbor's. Such kind people." He said as he used them to start a fire under the kettle.          

-----------------------------------------------

We were working the night shift. The place was packed because everyone loved Iroh's tea. The door opened and I looked up to see Jet standing in the doorway. I waved but he just glared.

"I'm tired of waiting! These two men are fire benders!" He pointed to Zuko and Iroh. (He knows you're an earth bender.)  He pulled out a pair of hooked swords. "I know they're fire benders! I saw the old man heating his tea!" 

"He works in a tea shop." Said one of the customers.

"He's a fire bender, I'm telling you!" He yelled.

"Drop your swords, boy, nice and easy." Said the same customer as he stood up.  

"You'll have to defend yourself. Then everyone will know. Go ahead show them what you can do." He snarled.

"You want a show?" Zuko asked as he grabbed his dual swords. "I'll give you a show." I pulled out the emerald sword Zuko shook his head and said. "I got this,"

"He's been lying to you, Lily. He's not who he says he is." Jet said.

 I grabbed Zuko's arm and whispered, "Show him how it's done." Zuko shoved a table at Jet who quickly dodged. Zuko jumped on top of it but Jet sliced it in half with his swords. The fight progressed outside. 

"You must be getting tired of using those swords. Why don't you go ahead and fire bend at me?"Jet yelled. Iroh and I watched from the doorway along with a few customers.

"Please, son, you're confused!" Iroh shouted back. "You don't know what you're doing!"

"Bet you wish he helped you out with a little fire blast right now." Jet taunted.

Zuko trapped his swords under his own. "You're the one who needs help." He sliced at Jet but he dodged. Jet jumped back onto the well behind him.

"You see that? The Fire Nation is trying to silence me! It'll never happen!" Jet lunged at Zuko. They continued the fight. 

Two men in black and green robes arrived. "Drop your weapons." Zuko and Jet further apart now.

"Arrest them their fire benders!" Jet yelled.                        

"This poor boy is confused. We're just simple refugees." Iroh told the men. 

"This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees!" Our boss yelled.

"It's true sir. We saw the whole thing," One of the customers said. "This crazy kid attacked the finest tea maker in the  maker in the city." 

Iroh blushed. "Oh, that's very sweet." 

"Come with us son." One of the men said. They earth bent cuffs around his wrists.

"You don't understand! They're Fire Nation! You have to believe me!" He yelled as the b=drgged him away.

I ran to hug Zuko sending him back a few inches. "Z- Lee!" I pulled away and held his face in my hands. "I'm so glad you're ok!" I was about to kiss him but I relized every one was watching us so I just hugged him again.