=Chapter 31=

"Hey, I remember her! She helped you attack us!"  Sokka said from behind Zuko and me. 

"Yep. Back in the good old days," Zuko rolled his eyes. I punched him in the arm and he looked down at me. "Ow!" He wined. We all walked up to June.

She glanced at Zuko and groaned. "Oh, great it's prince pouty," I stifled a laugh. "Where's your creepy grandpa?" She asked.

"He's my uncle and he's not here," Zuko looked down at the ground. 

She looked over at me then down at my hand that was now holding Zuko's, "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend," She comments. 

I smile softly at her and hold out my free hand, "Hi, I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you,"

She shakes my hand, "You didn't tell me she was so pretty," She smirks. Then turned back to him, "So what do you want,"

"I need your help finding the avatar," Zuko states.   

"Hm. Doesn't sound too fun," She takes a sip of her drink.

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" He is obviously frustrated now. 

She took us outside where Appa and her shirsu Nyla was. She fed the thing and told us to give her something with Aangs smell on it and katara handed her Aangs staff. The giant mole stuck it's nose in the air and walked around in a circle before plopping on the ground.  

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means your friend's gone," She said as she pets Nyla.

"We know he's gone," Toph put her hands on her hips "That's why we are trying to find him,"

"No, I mean he's Gone-Gone. He doesn't exist," She turned back to us. My eyes widened. 

"What do you mean Aang doesn't exist?" Sokka asked." Do you mean he's dead?"

 "Nope. We could find him if he were dead. Oh, it's a real head-scratcher.  See ya!" She started walking away.

"Helpful. Real helpful," Toph said sarcastically.

"Wait. I have another idea. There's only one other person in this world who can help us face the Fire Lord. I'll be right back with a smell sample," Zuko rummaged through his things and pulled out Iroh's old sandal. 

"You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal? Ugh!" Sokka pinched his nose to block out the sent. 

"I think it's kind of sweet," Toph smiled. I gagged at the smell. Nyla jumped forward and smelled it.

"Let's do this," She starts riding off and we hop on Appa and follow her. 

-----------------------------------

"We're going to Ba Sing Se?" 

"Your uncle's somewhere beyond the wall," June said.,"Nyla's getting twitchy so he can't be too far. Good luck," And she was off. 

Zuko took my hand. "It's been a long day. Let's camp and start our search again at dawn,"

We set up camp. I said goodnight to the Gaang and walked into my tent to see Zuko who was pacing and fiddling with his clothes nervously. I grabbed his arm and he stopped and looked me in the eyes.

"Zuko, I know your nervous but just remember, Iroh loves you," I squeezed his hand.  

"But I betrayed him! And to make it worse I lied to you about it!" He ran his hand through his hair. 

"I forgave you and trust me, Zuko, Iroh is a lot more forgiving than I am," I chuckled softly. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer.

"There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," He took a deep breath, "In a few weeks you'll be of age and with everything going on I want you to know that I love you... I love you more than anything else in the world. If we both make it through this whole thing... I- I want to be with you-" Before he could finish my lips crashed into his.