Dueling club

We where gathered in the great hall

We where gathered in the great hall. The chamber of secrets had been opened. Now almost every slytherin was suspected to be the heir. Profeser Lockhart was standing in the middle of the room with Professer snape standing on the tables.

" Gather ‘round, gather ‘round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" He chimed."Excellent! In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves"

"Joy" i whispered into Dracos ear sarcastically. He scoffed

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don’t want any of you youngsters to worry- you’ll still have your Potions master when I’m through with him, never fear."

"This should be fun" I snickered.

The two Professers both fired some spells. Obviously Professer Snape was the victor.i zoned out when suddenly...

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Ah… Let’s have a volunteer pair! Um, Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart questioned.

"Weasley’s wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We’ll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, Lux perhaps?" Snape said.

I froze. Draco gave me a reassuring smile and pulled himself onto the table as did Potter.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent- only to disarm. We don’t want any accidents here. One, two--" Lockhart said with a giddy smile.

"Everte statium" Draco chanted.

Potter was blasted into the air landing on his back.

"YES DRACO" I shouted.

"Rictusempra" harry shouted.

Draco was shot across the table landing on his arse.

"Serpensortia" Draco shouted.

A brown cobra shot out of the tip of his wand.

"Don't worry potter I'll get rid of it for you" snape sighed.

"Allow me Profeser snape, alarte ascendare" Lockhart shouted causing the snake to shoot up into the air just aggravating it more.

All of a sudden a mudblood Hufflepuff caught the attention of the reptile.

"Sya- hassa- she. Sya- hasi- heth. Sya- hasi- heth" harry hissed.

"SSya-hasi-heth"i hissed back at the snake.

"Vipera evenecsa" snape whispered causing the snake to disappear.

"What the hell are you playing at" said the boy.

Draco grabbed my hand and lead me to the common room. When we got there I sat down on the couch but he stayed standing in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me" he said desperately.

"What do you mean" I sighed.

"That your a parselmouth" he snapped." Are you there heir of slytherin"

"No thats crazy" I said confused." Are you okay after the duel"

"Yeah I'm fine" he smiled taking a seat next to me.

"Um one sec I'll be back" I said standing up and jogging up the stairs towards me dorm.

"Don't be to long" I heard Draco yell.

I opened the door and wandered over to my desk where I saw it. The letter from my mother. I grabbed it and sat down on my bed. I slowly opened the envelope and unfolded the letter.

My dearest y/n,

I was wondering when I would hear from you about this matter,
Many families are arranging marriages to keep the blood lines pure of their families. You have received many requests already. Some that have stood out to me are the Flints, Zabinis, Averys and the Malfoys. I wont make any decisions until you come home for christmas.

Love mother

What! The Zabinis and the Malfoys.
I could be pit into an arranged marriage with Blaise or Draco. I put the letter down on my desk and slowly walked back to the common room where Draco was waiting for me.

"Hey what was it" he smiled.

"I got the letter back from mother about the marriage thing" I sighed.

"What did it say" he demanded.

"Well it's either Flint, Blaise... or you" I said quietly.

He froze.

"Me" he said almost smiling.

"She's said that there's no decision until I see her at Christmas." I smiled.

"Well until then" he said bowing and kissing my hand.

"Until then" I said.

_____________________________________

(A/N) thankyou for reading this chapter I hope you liked it. Next chapter will probably be the holidays since I'm to lazy to do more at Hogwarts. Happy reading and have a good day 🌼😊