Chapter 27

I miss Tori :(.

********

"When can I get her back?"

I aggressively tapped my finger against Maya's desk ad Jasmine held my other hand. Her lip was trembling between her teeth.

"It's going to be at least a week," Maya sighed. Her hair was a tangled mess and it didn't look like she'd slept either.

"What do we need to do?" I stopped tapping and clenched my hand into a fist.

"The quickest thing we can do is have you plead guilty, offer to pay damages, and plea a fine. The soonest I could get us in was Thursday," Maya stared at me with sympathetic eyes.

"That's fine. Thank you so much, Maya," I said quietly. She nodded.

"Any time."

Jasmine and I walked back to the house with our heads hung low and I simply crawled back into bed. I was able to sleep for about an hour and woke up to a quiet conversation in the hallway.

"What do I do when he's like this?" Jasmine whispered. I raised my head slightly so hear who she was talking to.

"On the weeks that Martha had Tori he drunk himself into a hole, but that was before he met you," Blade whispered back. I scowled. They weren't being quiet.

"He hasn't drunk anything, he just won't get out of bed," Jasmine responded.

"I'll go cook something. Try to get him up," Blade suggested. I didn't bother to listen to Jasmine's response before lifting myself up and rotating my neck so it would pop. Jasmine walked into the room quietly and gasped slightly in surprise when she realized I was up.

"Honey?" Jasmine came around in front of me and put her hands on either side of my face.

"I'm sorry I haven't been helpful the past few days," I whispered. She nodded and kissed me, lingering a little bit before pulling back.

"I understand," She responded. "We're in this together. You know that, right?"

"When this is over, we'll get married and file the paperwork for you to adopt her," I murmured. Jasmine's eyes lit up.

"I've never wanted a big wedding. Let's just take Tori, Maya, and Pres and go. My parents will be pissed," Jasmine giggled and fell into my arms. I squeezed her tight and kissed her, humming to the beat of her heart.

"Let's go. I'm hungry as hell," I whined and smiled when she laughed again. I clasped our hands together and dragged her down the hall, thanking Blade quietly for helping her.

"You'll get her back," Blade whispered and patted my back. "She belongs here." I nodded and stepped away from him to gram a plate of the fried chicken he had ordered, not made.

We ate in silence, showered in silence, and went to bed in silence, which I wished had been filled with a child's laughter the entire time. God I missed Tori.

"Thank you for being here. I love you," I reminded softly. She tightened her grip around me and shifted herself so that she was on top of me.

"I love you too," she murmured and shifted her hips downwards. I moved underneath her and tangled my fingers in her hair.

"Fuck me," I whispered with a grin. Jasmine smiled, all too happy to oblige.

I was poked on the shoulder at six o'clock the next morning.