fuck.

~
jugheads pov
~
"yes!" I said frantically, the doctor looked at us with sympathetic eyes, "it's not good news" he said, my heart dropped to my feet. right then and there I wanted to drop down and start sobbing, what could it's not good news mean. is she dead? is she alive?

what's going to happen to her, what am I gonna do, I can't lose her, I can't lose this. she's my only source of happiness, my only source of love, my only source of light. I can't imagine my life without her, note do I want to imagine it.

"o-okay what I-is I-it" I struggle to get out, looking at him with fear in my eyes, he sighed opening his mouth. "she's been in a coma for 5 days now, and she's not responding, no movement from the body has been recorded, we believe this is the best time to pull the plug"

once I heard pull the plug come out of his mouth, I saw cheryl drop to the floor into veronica arms, sobbing. I nodded. I didn't know how to function with this news, I didn't know how to cope, I didn't know what to feel.

I didn't want to lose her, I didn't want to let go, start over. find someone new. she's the only one I wanted, but did she even want me. she was in too much pain to come to me and instead thought this was the best way to stop it, I started this, I hurt her.

"betty left this decision to you jughead, she felt as you would make the choice she would want in this situation" he said looking at me, I was a little taken back. she trusted me with this, how was I supposed to tell them to pull the plug on the girl that I love life.

tears started streaming down my face, "o-okay p-pull t-the p-plug, I-if t-that's w-whats b-best f-for h-her" I said choking on tears, trying to keep myself together. "okay, you can be in the room while we do it" I looked up at the doctor and nodded.

I watched as the doctor started to walk to her room, thump, thump. thats all I could hear, the weight of my feet being lifted off the ground, as I hesitantly followed the doctor. once we got to her room, we both came to a stop. I looked at him. "you can go have your last moments with her" he said to me.

I nodded as a tear fell down my cheek. I entered her room, my eyes met with her lifeless body, I closed the door slowly, slowly after, walking towards her. I sat down next to her bed, near the end of the chair, leaning over, to hold her hand. tears fell down my cheek as I raised her hand softly and kissed it.

~

bettys pov

~

I sat there, staring at the wall, this place I was in, no one was here. it was just me. I could move, walk around, talk. but it was like no one could hear me, or see me. it was lonely, no one was here, but occasionally I would hear someone walk in, feel them touch me, hearing them talk. but everytime I would tell them I was there, they wouldn't answer, or they just couldn't hear me.

suddenly, I felt my hand get pulled up. a soft kiss being laid onto my hand, tears shortly coming after. this sent shivers through my body as I sat up quickly. "h-hey betts" I heard him say, "j-juggie" I said with tears in my eyes. I hadn't heard his voice in so long.

"t-they s-said t-that w-w-we h-h-h-have t-to s-s-say g-g-goodbye t-t-today" he said choking on his tears. "h-he s-said t-that y-your b-b-body I-is o-only a-a-a-alive b-because o-of t-the m-machines, a-and t-that y-your a-already g-g-gone." he said barely maintaining himself, I could hear the pain in his voice, it broke me to hear him in so much pain.

"Im still here juggie! im still here!" I said screaming hoping he would hear me, tears streaming down my face, I didn't want to leave him, I wasnt ready to leave him, I need him, I needed to be in his arms again, I needed him to hold me and tell me I was going to be okay, I needed him. 

"I-I d-don't k-know h-how t-to t-t-t-tell y-you t-t-this, b-b-because I-I-I d-don't k-know h-how t-to p-process I-it m-myself b-b-but" he said starting to cry. "I-I-I l-love y-you b-betty cooper, I-I h-have f-for a-a w-while n-now, a-and I-I k-know t-that I-its t-too l-late b-but I-im s-s-so I-in l-love w-with y-you." I could hear him start sobbing as I started to cry myself.

"I-I l-love y-y-you t-too j-juggie" I said sobbing I couldn't control it, I had just realized that im in love with man, and I cant be with him, I can't have him because I fucked up. I want to go back, I need to go back.

~

jugheads pov

~

I heard the doctor knock and come in as I looked over, wiping my tears as im trying to calm down. "its time" he said looking at me, I nodded, kissing her hand once more, then slowly getting up. I watched as the doctor walked over to the plug, getting down, about to pull it. he turned his head to look at me. "are you ready?" he asked me.

I nodded, not being able to get a word out. I watched him, as he slowly pulled the plug out. this felt like it took years, like my whole life turned to slow motion, my heart fell to my feet once more. I looked up confused, not hearing the flatline.

I looked over at the machine, her heart was still beating, she was still alive. "holyshit!" I said, "shes alive" I said, tears streaming down my face. tears of joy. I watched as the doctor went over to check her heart beat. "shes infact still alive mr. jones" he said with a smile. "thank you so much" I let out.

I ran out of her room, running over to cheryl and veronica. "shes alive" I blurted out. making cheryl and veronica stand up. "are you serious?!" cheryl said, I nodded as a tear fell down my cheek, she ran over and hugged me. "thank you jughead" cheryl whispered. I nodded and hugged her tightly. veronica walking over and just hugging me too.

~

words written not including this 1065

~

yall really thought she was dead huh?

comment below what you think and don't forget to vote

~

Ill post the next part as soon as possible, I promise

~

also please, if you are ever feeling suicidal or any thoughts of hurting yourself or thoughts that your not worth it and it would be better off with out you, please know that, thats wrong, so many people would rather hear your story than about your funeral. please tell a friend or a trusted adult about these thoughts, to help you get some help. and please do not forget that this pain is only temporary, its not permanent, and there so many better solutions than suicide and your life is worth so much more than you'll ever know, and you have no idea who your death will effect.