Chapter 27

CAMILLA'S P.O.V

I texted Maggie back and then walked into Callie's room. "I'm about to leave."

She sighed and hugged me. "Are you ever gonna come back to visit?"

"Of course." I laughed. "I'll be back out here in like a month and a half. For your birthday."

"You don't know when my birthday is." She crossed her arms.

"March 28. You don't know mine." I laughed.

She scoffed. "Yes, I do. April 14."

"Nope. I lied to all of you because I didn't want to do anything. It was January 14."

Her mouth fell open. "Camilla! Shouldn't Dad have know that you were lying?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "But he didn't sooo..."

"Happy late birthday then, I guess. That means your twenty... go do something with your life. Geez."

"I'm trying. Let go of me." I pulled her arms off of me. "I love you, okay?"

She nodded. "Love you too."

I took one final look around my room. I actually had stuff to bring with me this time but I wasn't getting any of the nonessential stuff until I had an actual place to live which I was still working on.

-

I sighed as I glanced around the hotel room, throwing a bag onto the bed. I wondered if Maggie would mind if I came over. I didn't really want to be in a hotel room and it'd be an excuse to be around Billie without having to specifically ask to hang out with her. I picked my phone up and called Maggie. "Hey."

"Hey. Did you make it?"

"Yeah." I nodded, forgetting that she couldn't see me.

"Claudia, Finneas, and Billie are playing badminton in the backyard and they're making Patrick play with them so that they can play with teams. There's a lot of arguing because Billie sucks and can't serve. If you want, you can come over and put Patrick out of his misery. I'm sure he'd appreciate it."

"Yeah. Sure. I'll be over in about ten minutes, okay?"

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye." I ended the call and set my phone down before unzipping my bag. I didn't want to look completely crazy. I pulled on a black, cropped tank top along with some black cargo pants. That was definitely my go-to outfit. It was comfortable and I was much more comfortable with my body, I felt like it looked good on me. I'd kept my hair cut the same way ever since Starlit cut it for me, keeping it shorter in the front and just past my shoulders in the back.

-

"You hoes are going down," I announced as I pushed the back door open with my foot.

"Camilla!" Claudia dropped her racket and hugged me. "I missed your short ass."

"Well, I didn't miss your tall, lanky ass at all."

"And I didn't miss your lack of humor."

I shook my head. "I didn't miss your terrible sense of humor."