Chapter 13

I turned back and faced Oikawa who was smiling at me, I smiled back.

 We walked back to my apartment holding hands. I felt guilty for thinking about Kageyama. Oikawa and I went back to bed. 

The next morning when I had woken up to make breakfast I found Oikawa already in the kitchen making french toast and pancakes. I had never experienced this type of relationship. Though we barely met he was already kinder than all my past boyfriends combined. 

He handed me a plate of food. Kageyama loves pancakes. Specifically pancakes with blueberry and chocolate chips. Recently, he was all I could think about. I missed him more than he could imagine. 

I pushed my thoughts about him to the back of my head and said "Oikawa I have a shift to work today unfortunately but you can hang around here or go out if you want" "Hm I think I'll go visit the statue of liberty and maybe just look around you know since I'm only staying for a bit" Oikawa said rubbing his chin. 

"Wait what do you mean a bit?" I asked confused. "Well, you couldn't possibly think I would stay here long right? I have a life to get back to as well," he said sounding irritated. "Oh. Right," I said as I grabbed my work apron and waved goodbye to Oikawa who blew me a kiss.

 A hand put down a bouquet on the counter I was staring at. "Will this be all for you today, sir? I said looking up. I looked to see Kageyama. "Yes that'll be all," he said looking down. He won't even look at me. 

"I'm assuming these are for your girlfriend right? I said sullenly. "No actually it's for my grandma, she's in the hospital," Kageyama said spitefully. "Oh. I'm sorry, I hope she feels better" I said handing him the receipt. He didn't say anything as he grabbed the bouquet and walked out of the door. 

Oh god, why did I say that? He probably hates me even more now, I regrettably thought. 4 hours later I was on my way back home. 

When I opened the door to my apartment Oikawa had already served dinner. There was a plate sitting on the table with food. He pulled the chair and motioned me to sit. "You don't have to do this you know," I said. "It's okay I don't mind at all plus it's the least I can do for you letting me stay here especially since I'm leaving soon," Oikawa said reminding me yet again that he would be leaving. "Okay," I said forcing a smile. 

.

  .

.

    .

About a week later, Oikawa started to pack his clothes, souvenirs, and personal belongings. I was sad to see him go. He was the last person on my side and without him here I'd be left alone. 

Kageyama still wouldn't talk to me. Very early in the morning Oikawa and I drove to the airport. I waited with him until his flight was called. When it was time, I hugged him goodbye and told him I would miss him. 

"We'll keep in touch!" he yelled as he was waving goodbye from afar. I waved back, turned around, and sighed. I drove back home in silence.

 I arrived home and parked in my usual spot. The small digital clock read 6:05 AM. It's too early to be awake, I thought.

 I walked to the front of the apartment complex and a strange man started shouting at me. I took a better look and recognized the man. It was Haru yelling "I want you back baby! Fucking her was a mistake come on baby I love you, I used a condom so I didn't technically cheat on you!"

 He was stumbling on his words and looked tipsy. He had been drinking. A whole lot too. "Haruto I told you to leave me alone I don't care I'm not taking you back," I said angrily.

 He started to come towards me and yelled "This is what happens to slutty bitches like you!" as he raised a fist. 

My heart started pounding when suddenly somebody grabbed his arm just as it was about to hit my face. The face turned and glared at me. Kageyama had saved me.

 "Buddy you need to calm the fuck down and step away from y/n. If I ever see you here again I will not hesitate to smash your dirty face into the ground." Kageyama said pushing Haruto back. 

Haruto was clearly intimidated and yelled "I knew you were fucking him!" as he ran off like a coward. 

I was about to speak when Kageyama said "This doesn't mean anything. Don't go getting any ideas"