Chapter 14

It had been a few months since Kageyama saved me from Haruto. I felt beyond lonely as Haruto, Kageyama, and Oikawa all left me behind.

 Kageyama was still dating Sara though they didn't seem to be on the best terms. She wasn't coming over as often as she used to. Was it bad that I felt happy about it? I just wanted my best friend back but at this point, it seemed like a lost cause. 

Every time I walked into my apartment I felt lonelier than ever. Nobody around. Nobody to talk to. It got so bad that I had even begun to miss Haruto even though he treated me terribly. 

Thanksgiving was around the corner and I had nobody to spend it with or be thankful for. I figured a pet would mend the hole in my heart. I drove to the animal shelter and fell in love with a cat named Mochi. She was an orange chubby tabby cat. I decided to adopt her and take her home. With mochi, I finally felt happy and all thoughts about Kageyama faded. 

I quit my job at the flower shop and I am now a barista at the nearby cafe I used to go to with Kageyama. I remember panicking months ago thinking he was cheating on me because I couldn't find him at work. Who knew it would've turned out to be true. 

During the night I'd lie awake looking out the window at the tall buildings and skyscrapers all around me. I stood on the balcony gazing at the stars when I looked to my right and saw Kageyama doing the same thing. 

He wasn't wearing a shirt. His abs glistened in the moonlight. "Sheesh, that's hot." Suddenly Kageyama turned and looked at me with wide eyes. Oh no please tell me I did not just think out loud.

 "Goodnight" I hurriedly said as I scrammed back into my apartment and shut the door behind me. How embarrassing. 

I woke up the next morning and got ready for work. I was quickly becoming friends with the sweetest girl I've ever met named Yachi.

 Kageyama never really understood girl stuff so it felt nice to have "girl talk." I told her about Haruto and Kageyama and everything that has happened since. Italy, meeting Oikawa, finding out Kageyama started dating Sara, and many other things. She understood me in ways nobody else did.

 "When you were friends, what was Kageyama like?" Yachi said curiously. "He's amazing honestly. I've known him for almost my entire life and he's always been supportive of me even if he doesn't agree with what I'm doing. He's the funniest person I know. He never fails to make me laugh" I say, smiling.

 "Um y/n it seems to me like you really like Kageyama," Yachi says nudging my arm. "Of course I do he's my best friend, well was I guess," I say frowning slightly. "No I mean like you like him, romantically," Yachi says winking at me. "Romantically? What no. I just... have a deep appreciation for him?" "That sounds like love to me," Yachi says furrowing her brow.

 I spent the rest of my shift thinking about what Yachi had said. Maybe I did love Kageyama. Well even if I did I'd have no way to tell him. He's with Sara and he still won't bother saying more than a sentence to me.

 As I thought about her words more and more, I began to analyze our friendship I came to a shocking realization.

 Holy crap I'm in love with Kageyama.