Chapter 12

I stood by the door frame still clutching the doorknob as I stood there with my mouth wide open. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

 I was staring at a shirtless Haruto who was lying in bed on his side making out with a girl I couldn't recognize. "Haruto what the fuck?" I said angrily. The mysterious girl turned to see where the voice had come from and I immediately recognized her. She was the girl who had previously kissed Haruto a few months ago when Kageyama and I were still best friends. 

"It's not what you think y/n," Haruto said backing away from the girl. "What the hell do you mean it's not what you think?? I caught you red-handed" I had begun to raise my voice.

 Before Haruto could say anything, Oikawa walked in and asked "Everything okay in here?" when he realized the situation he quickly said, "Oh Woah sorry, um what's going on here?" "Who the hell is this?" Haruto said. "He's my friend. I met him in Italy, I wanted him to meet you," I said scoffing.

 "You know I don't get you sometimes y/n you abandoned me here for a whole week with no notice besides a childish note and then when you do come back you bring a guy with you," he said shrugging.

 "You're fucking delusional, why do you always assume I want to hook up with my friends? You've thought I've liked Kageyama for so long now it makes you sound insane you know that right? He told me he loves me. I rejected him for YOU. I wanted to see where we could go ever since I decided to give you a second chance. He was right for not wanting me to be with you. You're nothing but a dirty lying ass pig." I said yelling.

 "Um I think I should get going now," said the girl in the bed wrapping the bedsheets around her and gathering her belongings off the bedroom floor, and walked out of the door. 

"Hey bud, I think you should get going too, y/n doesn't want you here," Oikawa said, pointing at the door. "Why the fuck do you think this concerns you? You don't know y/n at all" Haruto said frowning. "No he's right I don't want you here. I want you to get the fuck out of my apartment right now and never come back. I don't ever want to see your face ever again" I said infuriated. 

He opened his mouth to speak but didn't say anything. Slowly he grabbed a few things and walked out of the apartment with a hard slam on the door.

 I sighed and felt the sadness take over. 'Wow what an interesting first day in the big apple" Oikawa said trying to lighten the mood. Through stifled cries, I said, "You're not helping Oikawa." "Hey don't worry just let it all out beside you deserve way better than that asshole," Oikawa said attempting to cheer me up. Oddly, it was working.

 We decided to go out and do some of my favorite things in an even further attempt to make me feel better. First, we went to my favorite restaurant called Sushi Osawa and ate as much sushi as we possibly could. 

Then we stopped by the bookstore near my job. After browsing books for 20 minutes I finally found a book I wanted to read. Oikawa had been waiting outside as books weren't his thing. I walked outside to find him holding a bouquet made up of roses, daisies, carnations, and sunflowers. I smiled as he handed them to me. "Thanks but you know I work there?" I said laughing. "Wait what? Aw, that kinda ruins the surprise" Oikawa says frowning as cartoon characters do. "It's okay, I appreciate the sentiment," I said beaming at him.

 Finally, at the end of the day, we went on a bicycle ride around the city. Even though this great city was my home I couldn't help but admiring all the structures and details around me.

 We ended up at central park again. I gazed up at the starry night sky and looked around me. The park lamposts were lit up as well as the paths around us. The trees looked the same as they did earlier that day but they looked as though they were glowing as the moonlight hit the leaves. 

"This is beautiful isn't it?" I said still gazing at the sky. "You know what else is beautiful?... you," Oikawa said as he moved closer to me. I hesitated for a moment but moved closer to him as well. 

My heartfelt like it was going to burst out of my chest. He slowly leaned in closer and put his hand on my cheek and pulled me closer as I felt his lips touch mine.

 He kissed me softly and tenderly. All my worries had gone away.

 Our lips pulled away from each other and in the corner of my eye, I saw a figure. I turned my head slightly to see who it was without Oikawa noticing. 

I recognized the face at once, It was Kageyama. When he noticed we made eye contact he shrugged and rolled his eyes and kept running.