Chapter 15

The next day at the coffee shop I told Yachi about how I really felt for Kageyama. "I knew it! It was so obvious by the way you talk about him" Yachi says grinning. "Yeah well there's nothing I can do about it, he has a girlfriend plus he barely even talks to me anymore," I said gloomily. "I'm sure there's something we can do I mean you love him, it's worth a shot," Yachi says optimistically. 

 "Yeah I guess you're right but what can we do?" I asked. "I have an idea!" Yachi said as her face lit up. "I'll send him a message, just give me his number and I'll convince him to meet with you" "Okay that sounds like a good idea," I said slightly smiling at the thought of a normal conversation with Kageyama.

 A few minutes later Yachi said she had just sent the message to him that said "Hello, this is Yachi I am one of y/n's coworkers and close friends. She urgently needs to meet with you about an important matter. Get back to me as soon as you can"

Kageyama's POV

I received a message from a stranger named Yachi who claims to know y/n, supposedly she needs to talk to me about something important. Is she in danger? What could she possibly need to talk to me about? Because of recent events, I would've said no but the urgency seemed concerning so I decided to say yes. I hope she's okay. Though we haven't properly spoken in a while I still care for her and always will.

y/n's pov

Yachi quickly ran over to me and said "He said yes!" I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. What would I even say to him? We decided to meet by the bookstore near the flower shop I used to work at. I would be seeing him in a few days and I couldn't believe it.

A few days later...

Today was the day. I tried to control my nerves but it didn't work very well. We were supposed to meet at 4:40 pm and it was 3:00, I still had a bit of time left to finish getting ready and panic. 

About an hour later I was walking over to the bookstore feeling like my heart was going to leap out of my chest. When I arrived I looked inside and saw him sitting at a round table with a stack of books on it. 

I walked in and walked over to the table. "Hi," I said nervously pulling out a chair and sitting on it. He looked up and said "Hello" as he closed a book and sat it on the top of the book stack in front of him. 

"So what was it you needed to talk to me about? Are you okay?" he asked concernedly.

 "I just wanted to say that I really miss you. I miss our friendship and everything we used to have. You were one of the most important people in my life. Well, what I'm trying to say is I want us to be friends again, and I'm so sorry about everything that's happened. I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I don't like you because you're with Sara." I said hopefully. 

I felt bad lying to him about my feelings but I couldn't exactly tell him I loved him right then and there as he was with someone else.

 He looked deep in thought for a few minutes when he said "I suppose you're right, I mean, to be honest, I've missed you too. I've been trying to find ways to get in touch with you again but I couldn't exactly do that for some reason." Kageyama said blankly. 

I felt my heart soar with happiness. I knew it wouldn't go back to normal immediately because there was still some tense awkwardness in the atmosphere. I was just glad I had my friend back.