Chapter 46

We did it! I can't believe it, after all the stress surrounding the proposal. It was all totally worth it though, because we actually did it.

"Are you ready wife?" I ask as I hold out my hand for hers. She takes my hand and giggles.

"I'm ready husband." We hear the MC announce us into the hall and everyone is standing clapping and cheering for us. The room looks absolutely magnificent. I take my beautiful wife to the dance floor and pull her into my arms as the song starts.

"Every time our eyes meet, This feeling inside me, Is almost more than I can take. Baby, when you touch me, I can feel how much you love me, And it just blows me away. I've never been this close to anyone or anything, I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams. I don't know how you do what you do, I'm so in love with you, It just keeps getting better. I want to spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, Forever and ever. Every little thing that you do, Baby I'm amazed by you."

"Have I told you how incredibly beautiful you look today?" I say into her ear as we are dancing.

"You have." She says as she smiles up at me. "Have I told you how incredibly handsome you look today?"

"Carry on." I smirk, she lets out a belly laugh and my heart bursts. We continue our dance with sweet kisses throughout until the song finishes and we sit down to eat.

"Hello." Grant says down the mic before clearing his throat. He actually looks nervous. "Hi Everyone..." It's obviously time for the speeches and I don't know whether I should be afraid or not. "For those of you who don't know me I'm Grant, and Frankie and I have been best friends for over a decade now. Frankie and I lived together while at uni. I'd like to say we knuckled down and studied hard but my parents taught me it was wrong to lie." Laughter fills the room and I see Grant relax a little. "Life was carefree and easy. We were two guys in a group of five friends who would become brothers over time. Things went a bit pear shaped when G and Kenzie were caught sneaking about and for the first time in our lives we were forced to be adults and deal with a new dynamic in our group. It was after us guys thought it would be a great idea to throw Kenzie and her twin a birthday party, not our best idea by the way, that we met Kayla. I say we met Kayla but to be honest the minute her and Frankie laid eyes on each other nobody else could get their attention. Now Frankie could've moved on from us but instead of him drifting away and us losing a brother we gained a sister in Kayla. I'm sure I speak for all the guys when I say we've watched you grow as a couple and couldn't be more happy for you both. What you have is real, it's pure and it's special. Please raise your glasses and join me in a toast, To Makayla and Frankie!"

"MAKAYLA AND FRANKIE!" I turn to Kayla and see she is crying.

"Are you ok baby?"

"Yeah, that was just so sweet." I pull her in for a hug and kiss her temple. We listen to speeches from everyone before we can finally eat. After being so anxious this morning I'm starving! Before long it's time to get the party started and I feel I can start to relax.

"Come on son, come dance with your old Mum."

"Don't talk daft woman, you're young like the rest of us." I smile at her and I let her lead me to the dancefloor where I can finally let my hair down.

It's later into the night and I'm looking around at all our loved ones. Kenzie and Kayla are both on the dance floor with a twin each on their hip, I still can't tell them apart. They are dancing with Jessica, Jayden and Brody. My Mum and Dad are talking with J.J and Dean. Lexi and Rick are laughing with Brax, Kinley, Teagan and Justin and God knows what for now but Dale is getting his head slapped by Caleb while his brothers laugh.