Chapter 8

I'm sitting in the waiting area of the hospital, elbows on my knees and head in my hands.

"Mr Edwards?" I look up to see the nurse in front of me.

"How's MaKenzie?"

"She's getting some tests done at the moment. I'm concerned about you right now, we really need to get you checked out."

"I'm not going anywhere until I find out how MaKenzie is." I tell her for the upteenth time. Just then my Dad and brother come running in and Granger spots me straight away.

"Dad, he's here!"

"Greyson?" Dad calls out to me and they both come rushing over. My Dad just puts his hand on my shoulder, taking a good look at me. I know I'm covered in blood. I don't know how much is mine and how much is Kenzie's but I've got it on my hands, my clothes, my face and god knows where else. "Are you ok?" He asks with a look of horror across his face.

"I'm fine dad... it's Kenzie..." I struggle to speak through my emotions. He can see I've been crying and my eyes are filling up again.

"Come here son." He pulls me in for a hug and I just cling to him.

"Mr Edwards it's really important you get checked out." The Nurse urges.

"You've not been seen?" Granger asks, shocked.

"I've already told you, I'm not going anywhere until I find out how she's doing!" I snap at the nurse and the three of them look at me.

"Son, I really think you shou..."

"No!" I shout at my Dad and I pull away from him. "I'm going nowhere. Her family are on their way, I need to be here!" The tears are now streaming down my face. My Dad just looks at me then nods before turning to the nurse.

"Try and talk some sense into him please. We don't know what his injuries are, if any." She explains to my Dad. My Dad talks to the nurse but I'm not paying attention, I've got too much running through my head.

"Oh my god, Greyson!" I turn around to see J.J, Dean, Dylan and Sam. You can see J.J is upset, she lost her parents in a car accident so this must be terrifying for her. Hell it's terrifying for me! Just then Mav, Dani, Dale and Lily come in, followed by MaKayla, Frankie, Luke and Kelly.

"Nurse is there a room we can go to? There will be more on their way." Granger asks her. Just as he finishes his sentence McKinley, Caleb and Brooke run in along with Teagan, Justin, Jen and Nathan. I'm assuming Brax has stayed at home with Jayden.

"Oh!" The Nurse's eyes widen as she sees everyone coming towards us. "Sure, follow me." My Dad and Granger inform everyone we are moving to another room and they all follow the nurse. I watch as they walk away, I can't seem to get my feet to move. Granger turns and notices I'm just standing there.

"Come on little brother, they will tell us as soon as they have news." I just look at him and nod my head. He puts his arm around me and leads me to the room. Everyone is staring at me. I must look a mess.

"I should go wash my hands." I say as if that is going to make things better.

"Your Dad says you haven't let them check you over." Frankie says and I shake my head before he can give me a lecture.

"Later." I mumble.

"Sweetheart?" J.J addresses me, I take one look at her and my eyes fill again.

"They won't tell me anything. They keep saying she's getting tests." I know they want answers but I don't have them.

"Do you remember what happened?" Dean asks as he holds onto his wife to support her.