4.

*Ruby's pov*
I couldn't believe someone actually asked how I am. No one ever cared about how I was. I was always that "happy friend" even if I was dying inside.

No one knew, no one cared.

I was always the one checking up on others, always the one there for others even if I had no one at my darkest. I never thought that anyone would actually ask me that. I was so shocked.

"Stop over reacting for fucks sake he only asked that to create a conversation, you idiot" my brain told me.

I finally got the courage to text him back, "fine you?"

I didn't like lying but there was nothing to do about it. I mean I obviously wasn't just going to tell how much of a depressed fuck I am to a guy that I only said two words to.

"so glad to hear that! Same here" He texted me in a minute.

Why was he being so fast to talk to someone like me? Normally it takes a hour for someone to text me. It made no sense.

I was panicking I didn't know what to reply with. I was never good at continuing conversations.

What should I say to a cute guy that wouldn't make him just go away?

"Soo whats your name?" I saw his notification at the top of my screen and relaxed.

He was still not gone.

"Ruby yours?" I responded back. "Cool name. Mine is Tristan, but you can call me Tris"

Woah- even his name was attractive. I didn't know that "attractive names" existed until now.

"Such an amazing name" I found myself typing back. "thanks, so is yours"

"Soo tell me about yourself" He added after I didn't know what to text back again.

Gosh, I was so terrible at this.

"I don't know, my life is boring" I replied. "I don't buy that, come on tell me about yourself. Even about the small "boring" things about you I am listening"

After he said that we talked and talked.

It felt so weird, like as if I knew him since the start of time. I thought maybe I could trust him, already.

I felt like we learned nearly everything about each other. Expect of course he didn't know about how depressed I was.

When we said our good nights it was already five am.