9.

(Turn on the media for immersive reading.)

Hyein was walking towards Taehyung's apartment.
The sun was out and bright. It was a nice day with a warm breeze blowing through the trees. The neighborhood was pretty quiet, though it was probably past 8 by then. 

It was then that she heard footsteps behind her. 

At first, she didn't think too much about it, but after some time, it was still there. Taehyung's apartment was quite isolated; he didn't have any neighbors who would be living near him since he lived at the end of the residential area. So he was not a resident. Hyein gradually increased her pace, trying to put some distance between whoever was behind her. The footsteps were still behind her and it was now getting suspicious. 

Perhaps, could it be...

Hyein walked even faster. Taehyung's house was right over there where she could clearly see it. She ran the last few steps and heaved a sigh of relief as she entered his property. 

But then there it was again, the footsteps.

Hyein decided that she couldn't put off the inevitable again. Taking a deep breath, mentally bracing herself, she turned back.

"Why are you following me?"

Her pursuer was an elderly man, in his late 50s, wearing a blue uniform of sorts. He looked surprised at her sudden question but then he realized something as his eyes widened and he held up his hands in front of him.

"Oh no, I'm not a stalker. I-I am a cleaner at this apartment." The man awkwardly smiled as he gestured towards Taehyung's apartment. Oh...

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize it. I am so sorry." Hyein cried bowing down deeply to the elderly man, embarrassed as he smiled back knowingly.

"It's fine, I understand. I haven't seen you around before... Oh! You must be the new secretary?" He asked, smiling politely.

"Ah, yes. I am Lee Hyein. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself bowing down once again as the man nodded.

"I know, Taehyung told me about you." He replied smiling, " I am Oh Mansik, by the way. I come here often for housekeeping work." He replied, smiling as Hyein nodded politely.

The door of Taehyung's apartment suddenly swung open and there stood a fuming Taehyung, arms folded over his chest, glaring.

"Secretary Lee!" He called. He was in his angry mood today and she had somehow already angered him already.

"Yes, Mr.Kim?"

"You are twenty minutes late." He announced holding up his watch.

"You told me yesterday that you were going to take a half-day so I didn't have to drive you early today."

"Does that mean you can come late? Ms.Lee, are you looking down on me because I gave you a little bit of freedom?" 

"Ah, Taehyung-ah, just let it go for this time. It was just a misunderstanding." The cleaner ahjussi defended but it did nothing to appease Taehyung's anger.

"Mr.Kim, I'm sorry. I won't repeat it again." Hyein replied, mentally cringing at herself. She didn't like bowing down to anyone and the jerk was getting angry at her over nothing. Calm down Hyein... If you act out right now, it will only get worse.

Taehyung stomped back into his apartment after giving her a final glare, expecting her to follow. Hyein gave a grateful smile towards the cleaner ahjussi who was nice enough to defend her against Taehyung. The ahjussi smiled back. "Don't worry child. He often has those little episodes. Just ignore them."