11.

A red card embossed in golden letters was in his hands. It was an invitation to a party hosted by Park Jimin. It usually went straight to the trash can upon its arrival, but this time Taehyung decided to keep it.

"This is our chance. Jimin and Jungkook would be there so you should come." Taehyung told a very bewildered Hyein as she stood by her apartment door, rubbing her eyes to make sure she was not seeing things. Kim Taehyung stood before her apartment door, looking as dashing as ever in his midnight blue suit as he eyed her with discontent. It was past 8:30 at night and she didn't have a clue what her boss was doing outside her house this evening. She didn't even know how he found her address since She couldn't remember ever mentioning anything about where she lived.

"Wait, why are you here, and how did you know where I live?" Hyein asked, still standing there surprised at her unexpected guest.

"I'm here to take you to a party hosted by my brother. This is our chance to see what his intentions are. And as to how I found out where you lived, it doesn't matter. So get dressed, we're going there." Taehyung stated, simply as if he didn't just barge into her home as he strode past her.

"Wait, party? Why the hell should I go to a party?"

"Didn't you hear me just now?"

"Yes, but I don't get why I should be there when I am off duty," Hyein asked him and Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Did you forget about the deal already?" The deal. Of course, she remembered the deal. But she couldn't remember ever agreeing to leave her private life and be ready to investigate 24/7. Apparently, Taehyung had different definitions of a deal and he was ready to milk the opportunity as much as possible.

"Now, stop gawking and get ready. Make sure you wear something fancy." Taehyung replied as he made himself at home on the couch, curiously looking around the room and the photos that were hung on the wall, as Hyein unenthusiastically stormed back into her room.

There were all sorts of photos on her wall; from her childhood to her current self. There were photos of little baby Hyein being held by her mother, both of them smiling and laughing at the camera. Then there was a chubby Hyein in her elementary school uniform pouting with a sullen look. Then there was Hyein with another girl, probably her friend, laughing at each other as they ate ice-cream. Then there was high school Hyein with that sly look in her eyes he had grown accustomed to, as she faced the camera. She had an expression as if she were going to fight whoever was taking the photo. And then, her University graduation photos. Hyein was laughing at an auburn-haired boy as he made a weird gesture above her head, smiling brightly at the camera. Taehyung paused as he looked at the picture. Slowly he reached out, trying to pluck the picture frame off the wall as he stared at the boy.

"Is this fancy enough for you?" Hyein's annoyed voice snapped his attention back to her as she stood by her bedroom, fidgeting in her new dress. She had already gotten ready with a simple black, off-shoulder dress, with her usual make-up, nothing too grand and her hair just simply let down. Although Hyein hadn't put much effort into her makeup, the overall look was simple and elegant. Taehyung stared back at her expectant face and suddenly diverted his gaze, turning towards the door. "Let's go."

He strode back out of her apartment into the cold chilly night and Hyein sighed, rolling her eyes as she shut the door behind her. That's when she noticed something odd.

Where did his cast go?

She gasped.

Did that jerk seriously pretend that he had an arm injury?!!