--2--

--Avneet POV--

It was almost night time I had to get ready, I never really had a good feeling while doing this bu tI have no other option, unless of course, I want to die. I wear my mask and black hoodie. I somehow managed to find that businessman's address from the torn magazine I found this morning. I reach his house and see that the lights were off and the window was open, I slide myself through the window and I find myself in a room that looked like his living room. I go upstairs quietly as possible, I see a door and open it slowly making a creaking sound. I find the closet and open it, in front of me was a locked drawer which I opened with my lucky hairpin. I see loads of money stacked in that drawer along with a notebook that said 'Siddharth's story'. I actually got really curious and decided to read a few pages. There was a bed in the corner of the room which I sat on to read comfortably I turned on the lamp on the nightstand to see the small writing. It was actually a very good story I just wanted to keep reading it, I haven't even noticed the time it was midnight. I slowly drifted off with the book still open in my hands.

--Siddharth POV--

I came back from work as usual  and saw a note on the door from bhai that said 

'hey sid, me and Vaishnavi are going out of town for a few days, we hope you don't get too lonely if you need anything just call us. 
                                                                                                               Love, Abhinavhi 

I honestly didn't care if they are out of town, I really don't have a heart. I go up to my room to take a shower but the house was as dark as a prison at night. I decided I didn't want to stay home so I go to a club that is walking distance away. I had around 3 drinks and 5 shots when I thought I was drunk enough (not that id admit) and it's time for me to go home.  I somehow managed to walk in my drunken state and enter my prison-like home. I walk or should I say, wobble up the stairs and into my room. Surprisingly my lamp placed on the nightstand was on and there was, A GIRL! SLEEPING! IN MY ROOM! but drunken me didn't care, I went up to her sleeping figure and try to talk to her.

Siddharth: Hello, ye mera bedroom hai, who are you? OK, tum sleeping Karo, Subha baat karlenge. 

With that I fell asleep beside her peacefully sleeping. 

--Morning--

I wake up to something warm and soft, I didn't open my eyes but snuggled into the warm figure more and more. I felt the figure move and I got shocked and open my eyes to see............ A GIRL!?? IN MY ROOM!? BESIDE ME CUDDLING?! I felt a pain in my head and felt hungover, then I remembered I was drunk but everything after that was a blur. The girl woke up and screamed and fell off the bed.

The girl: W-who are you? Why am I here? Did you kidnap me?

Siddharth: Woah there...slow down, No I did NOT kidnap you, I have no clue why you are here and my name is S-

The girl: Siddharth Nigam

I raised an eyebrow at her curiously.

Siddharth: You...know me?

The girl: N-not really, I mean I read your name on a magazine.

Siddharth: Ok...leave all that why are you here? How did you get in?

The girl: W-well I...uh...intended to...

I was really irritated by this girl's shyness in answering my question.

Siddharth: SPEAK UP!

I could see her flinch a bit but I ignored it and stared at her waiting for an answer. She stared back at me and started crying, I didn't know what to do...should I give her tissues? Should I comfort her? Should I even care?

The girl: M-my name is Avneet, Avneet Kaur...my parents abandoned me when I was just a baby and I have to rob people to get money... I swear I don't want to but have to, I try to steal less money as possible which gets spent on food. I live in an abandoned basement I found not far from here.

Once she mentioned what her parents did my blood boiled, it even reminded me of my parents I actually pity someone for once, I bet if I told bhai this he would either be proud of me or not believe me. I hesitantly move towards her and offer my hand to help her up. She looks at my hand then up, she reaches for my hand and grabs it, once she does I pull her up. She was still crying uncontrollably and hugs me. O..K wasn't expecting that...Now I'm freaking out no one has ever hugged me before if they did I would just push them off, should I push her off too, but she is crying it's just for a little while anyway. I hug her back gently soothing her hair which seemed to calm her down a bit, everything was quiet in the room the only thing you could hear were his gasps and sobs. Soon she stopped crying completely and broke the hug.

Avneet: I-I will go now

She was about to leave, but I didn't want her to just yet so I called her name.

Siddharth: Avneet wait, I...uh...you can work here as a maid since I need one nowadays. You will get a good salary and can live here in the guestroom right beside here if you want that is.

Avneet: Y-You'd do that?!

Siddharth: Y-ya, like you, need help and uh ya.

Avneet: I-I'd love to...when do I start?

Siddharth: Tomorrow, you can settle in the room next to mine, if you need anything just knock on my door. We can go get your belongings from the basement you live in.

Avneet: I don't have anything.

Siddharth: Well ok, I have to head out for some work you can just relax here ok?

Avneet: OK.

I was about to leave when I heard her call my name.

Avneet: Wait, Siddharth. A-are you sure y-you can trust me?

Siddharth: Ya, I know what it feels like for your parents to abandon you, I think I can trust you.