9. We All Agree: Peter's a Baby

A/N: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! 1K reads!!!!  ✺◟( ͡°ᗜ ͡°)◞✺

Thank you guys SO much for your support! I am SO happy right now!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!     

Peter wants to break the fourth wall right now and sarcastically thank you all for reading all of his embarrassments in life. But this is MY celebration right now!

Anyways, on to enjoying Peter's failing moments in his life!

Peter: Hey!

Author: *Sticks tongue out at him* You deserve it for taking over my celebratory moment

Peter: I thought we were friends!

Author: Oh, we are. Doesn't mean I won't bother you though.

My alarm goes off waaaay too early for a teenager. Who decided it was a good idea to have school start so early in the morning?

I groan and hit the snooze button, rolling over and drifting back into a light sleep.

After hitting the snooze button a few more times, it goes off again and my eyes snap open, my face shifting into one of panic as my brain decides to finally catch up to reality.

Crap. How many times did I hit the snooze button? What time is it?!

I quickly grab my phone from off of my nightstand and look at the time. I'm late!!!!

I stumble out of bed and grab some clothes, briefly glancing at them to make sure that they at least sort of match. After changing I bound downstairs, taking them two at a time. The delicious smells of pancakes and eggs flow over me as I rush into the kitchen, "Aunt May! I'm late!"

She flips the current pancake on the stove, her back towards me, "Is that anything different from the usual?"

"Hey!"

She turns around, a joking smile on her face, which promptly grows wider when she sees me.

I send her a suspicious glare, "What?"

She attempts to hide her chuckle as she glances at me, "Your shirts inside out. And your hair is a complete mess."

I slightly blush before taking off my shirt and fixing it so that the right side is facing out before I put it back on. I grab a plate and start to fill it with pancakes and eggs. After piling food onto it I glance up at Aunt May, who is frowning at me, "What?"

"Your scars Peter. I just.... I..." She trails off, "Am I failing at being a good mother figure?"

I sit there, shock freezing me into place, "What?! Why would you ask that? Aunt May, you are the best mother figure I could ever ask for. I wouldn't choose anyone over you!"

She smiles before grabbing a squirt bottle and a comb. She walks over me and starts to squirt my hair and brush it out as I eat. We sit in silence for a moment before she speaks up, "It's hard Peter. Watching you go out every night and risk your life, swinging into dangerous situations and getting all of these scars. I'm scared for you. And I don't know if I'm failing by letting you go out each night."

I take a deep breath, pondering on my answer, "Aunt May, you have no idea how much you mean to me and how much you have impacted my life. I do risk my life every night, but I won't ever stop being Spider-Man. He's a part of me. Saving people makes me happy and gives me a purpose. Besides, I've been working on some things that'll protect me more."