Chapter 17

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy :)

---- ---- 

His scent surrounded me. I took a deep breath in. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at him. "Hi." He moved to lean against the balcony with me. "Hi," he responded. We were quiet but I sensed he wanted to ask me something. It didn't take long before he snapped with curiosity. "What you said tonight during the report, did you really mean that?" I looked over at him. "You already know what I thought about you when I came here. Since then, my opinion of you has drastically changed." I looked down. "I meant every word I said. I'm just a little embarrassed that I said it in front of live television." I could feel my cheeks heat up a little. What would Mom say to me, oh Goddess, what would May say?

Suddenly I felt his palm on my cheek, forcing me to look back at him. "Thank you." I looked at him confused. "I guess, thank you for saying it. We agreed to be mates but I never knew how you felt about me." Tempest felt like a bad mate when he voiced this. She whimpered and the sound came out of me. "I'm sorry Maxon, I didn't realize...I told you I was going to be a good mate and I haven't been doing that." His thumb rubbed my cheek slowly.

"Hey, we're both new to this. We're going to make mistakes. I'm not mad or upset." We were closer to each other than we were when we started talking. Much closer. I closed my eyes, breathing him in and losing myself to the sensations his swiping thumb was creating on my face.

I could feel him smirking a little. "Do you want to know what I think of you?" I opened my eyes, unsure if I wanted to know. In the end I nodded and bit my lip in anticipation. "I think you are the most beautiful and intelligent woman I have ever met. You're funny, and fierce, and I can't wait until I can call you mine. 'Till I can call you my wife, my princess, and my queen." I could feel my heart swell and burst from happiness. I smiled at him. We moved closer. He quickly looked down at my body then looked back at me. "And did I mention how spectacular you look in that dress?" I let out a little laugh. "No, Your Highness, I don't think you did," I teased. He grinned. He took another step closer; our bodies were almost touching.

"Well let me just say it again," he said and reached down for my hand. "You look spectacular," he punctuated with a kiss to my palm in between each word. His kisses ignited something in me and I stepped closer, our bodies now pressed against the other's. My hand was now on his cheek and we held each other like that. "And you, you are the kindest and handsomest man I've ever met." Our faces were now leaning forward. "Anything else mate?"

My heart stuttered when he said that. I looked down at his lips, so full and beautiful and right there; so close. Just kiss him already shouted Tempest. I ignored her. I looked up at his eyes, framed by thick lashes. "You know, I can't seem to think of anything," I mumbled. He leaned closer. "Good," he replied and closed the distance between us.

Nothing could have prepared me for what kissing my mate was like, absolutely nothing. Shocks erupted from where our skin met and shot across my body. Kissing Aspen felt like a joke compared to this. Initially our lips met but it took Maxon a few seconds before he relaxed and wrapped his arm around my waist, pressing me firmly against him. Both my hands snaked up into his hair and scratched along his scalp, making him groan into my mouth. Our lips moved in a dance that no one else knew. 

We pulled apart and looked at each other, our breaths a little heavier. I didn't want to stop so before he could say anything, I pulled him down into another kiss, this one much harder than our first one. He responded by wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up. My legs wrapped around his waist and, almost instinctively, he walked back into my room and sat down on my bed. One hand stayed on my waist, the other tangled in my hair as I straddled him.