Chapter 21

Alright everybody, we made it to another Thursday and it's Christmas Eve no less! 

Enjoy :)

---- ---- ---- 

A shiver went through my body at Maxon's words. The heat of his chest pressed up against my back and the possessiveness in his voice had Tempest was purring. His arms moved back so that his hands were at my waist, his fingers squeezing.

"Maxon," I said, my hand running through his hair over and over in an attempt to soothe him. "Even if you had rejected me, there would be no going back to Aspen-"

"Don't say his name America. He had you once and he made the stupid mistake of letting you go. Stupid for him anyway. For me...well." His lips traveled down my neck to my shoulder. His tongue licked over the spot. Tingles were traveling from that point on my neck straight to my core. Over and over again, he passed his tongue on that point before kissing a trail to my shoulder and back again. He moved his lips away but before I could protest, Maxon's mouth was on the juncture, sucking. A soft moan left my lips as his mouth connected with my body. I could feel a wetness gathering between my thighs. I tried not to think of my daydreaming from the bath but he was right behind me, just like I imagined. All he needed to do was move his hands upwards towards my breasts...

I could feel Maxon's lips leave my neck. A few seconds past between us before he was at it again, this time a little lower than before. It wasn't until he had moved his head away again that I realized what he was doing. Quickly, I turned around and pinned his hands above his head as a lay above him. "Maxon Schreave were you leaving hickies on my neck?" His smirk said it all. My disbelief must have made me loosen my grip on his wrists because I suddenly found myself beneath him in the blink of an eye.

"I did America Singer and do you want to know why?" He paused to let me respond but no noise found its way from my throat. "I did it because I can't mark you. I did it because he needs to know that you're mine and not his." I looked at his eyes, there was the possessiveness, that I suspect had something to do with the bond, but there was also worry and a little fear. Quietly, I moved my hands up to his cheeks to cradle his face. "Maxon, you have nothing to worry about. I don't feel anything for him anymore. The moment I saw you, smelt your scent, I knew nothing, no one, would ever be enough." I saw his face visibly relax and he moved to the side of me and lied down. His arm draped across my waist and tugged me to his body.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that. I don't know what came over me. I was fine until I thought of him, anyone one really, being with you. I can't bear the thought of it." Our lips met softly, nothing like the fast, heavy kisses a couple minutes ago. We pulled away and I tucked my head under his chin.

"The bond may have something to with that. Male werewolves are very protective and possessive of their mate, even more so when they mark and mate with each other. I guess it's affecting you in a way that makes you act like them? I don't really know anything when it comes to werewolf/human mates." Maxon hummed in response. "I guess we'll have to keep a lookout on what else the bond changes about me." His grip on my body didn't loosen and we stayed like that for several minutes, in a comfortable silence.

"I may have also done it to teach you a lesson since you gave me a few bruises." I pulled away from his embrace to look at his neck. "What are you talking about Maxon? There's nothing-"

"Makeup darling. It works wonders." I playfully smacked his chest and slumped back on the bed. "You're unbelievable. Now what will my maids think, what will they say?" I looked at him and saw his eyes were closed and a smile was plastered on his face. I narrowed my eyes. "Wipe that smile off your face Your Highness." His eyes opened a little at that but his smile didn't fade. "Or what, Lady America, what will you do?" he challenged.