Chapter 27

Here y'all go...

Enjoy :)

---- ---- ----

It finally happened; I snapped. After weeks of repressing my wants and instincts, the bond had finally had enough. I stared down at Maxon, his eyes still wide with shock. "Tempest?" he asked. I smiled at him. "No darling, it's America. I know it's confusing with the yellow eyes." I lowered myself so my face was hidden in the crook of his neck. Breathing in his scent, I placed a firm kiss on his neck before moving my lips towards his lips.

I licked his bottom lip but I didn't wait for him to open up for me, I pushed my tongue into his mouth. It only took a second for him to respond and when he did, he tried to fight me for dominance but I wasn't going to let it happen. He eventually gave up. The sensation of my tongue brushing against his was making my core clench. My body started moving. My hips were grinding against his quickly hardening crotch over and over again and Maxon let out a groan. It sent a shiver down my spine. Goddess I want to hear that again. I want to feel his manhood again. I moved my lips down to his jaw then to his neck, my tongue licking a trail as I went.

I could feel Maxon trying to move his arms but I didn't want him to, I couldn't explain why. I wanted him to be underneath me. My prey my mind whispered. My eyes widened and I suddenly stopped everything I was doing. Maxon opened his eyes, his senses slowly returning to him. I sat up, still on his lap, and I let go of his hands. I couldn't look at him. How could I think that Maxon was my prey? He was my mate, my equal. I could feel my eyes turn back to their normal icy blue shade.

"I'm sorry Maxon," I whispered. "I don't know what happened. I don't even know what to say." Maxon's hands moved to my hips as he sat up, his face full of concern. "America if you're worried that I didn't enjoy it, don't be. I'll admit it was definitely a surprise-"

"That's not what I'm worried about Maxon," I interrupted. "I'm worried because for a second I couldn't control myself. For a second I thought I was going to mark you. It's getting harder."

"What is?" he asked. "For me to resist the bond Maxon. It's demanding things from me that I can't do. I can't mark you even though that's what my instincts are screaming for me to do. I can't mate with you because then we'd be breaking the law." Maxon looked at me, quiet for a moment. "I had no idea you felt this way."

I lowered my head and looked down at my lap. "How could you have known?" I said quietly. "I didn't want to say anything, I didn't want you to feel any pressure." I could feel his confusion as he looked at me. "How could you think you were pressuring me? When your heat started, I offered to help you...I offered myself to you and you declined my help-"

"I know I did, you don't have to remind me," I said, my voice was rising. I moved off of his lap and stood facing the palace. He stood up as well and I could feel his irritation. "America could you please explain? I don't understand why you're getting upset."

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. "I'm not upset Maxon, I'm just confused. I turned you away the day my heat started and yet here I am wishing for the opposite. I told you I don't know what happened. Maybe our bond was fed up with my inaction and it wanted me to do something about it." I could hear him step in my direction. "So what do you want?" How the hell was I supposed to answer that when I didn't even know the answer myself? I was quiet, maybe for too long because Maxon's let out a sigh.

"What if I let you mark me?" I blinked my eyes a few times, not sure I was hearing him correctly. I turned to look at him. "Is that what you honestly want? Or are you just saying that so I'll feel better?" He took a few steps closer to me. "It's what I honestly want America. I shouldn't have just put something like that aside when you told me the first time. I didn't know it would affect you like this, I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't have pushed it aside when I knew that eventually it was going to happen. I accepted you as my mate and I should have just let you mark me then and there." He let out a sigh and crossed the rest of the distance to reach me. He put his hands on my shoulders. "America, I want you to mark me because I'm tired of trying to ignore my feelings. I know I want you and that's all that matters."