Chapter 9

Nishinoya Yuu had watched his older sister dart into the safety of her room. Going to her door wanting to know if she was alright but was met with the sounds of hysterical sobs. He wanted to knock and ask what had happened between her and Sugawara but knew she needed time to herself. Walking away from the door heading to his room he decided to wait till tomorrow before bringing it up.

It was finally Saturday, Yuu was up early getting ready to head off to training when he remembered (f/n) was supposed to be joining them at training. Heading to her room and softly knocking on the door, wondering if she was going to be up for today after everything that had happened. When she finally opened the door Yuu saw her puffy eyes with dark bags. The other thing he noticed was the bright spark in her emerald eyes was missing without a second thought he pulled her into a gentle hug. He felt her arms embrace him back before she shoved him away.

"I'm fine Yuu, i just don't want to talk about it," her voice trailed off quietly.

"It's okay (f/n), just know I'm here for you," he replied looking away. He just wanted to help even if he just had to listen.

Placing a hand on his head effectively squishing his spiked hair, "i know little brother."

Pushing her hand off his head and trying to fix his hair, "i wanted to know if your coming to training."

Looking back into her room wanting to crawl back into bed and hide away from the world but knew she couldn't. She had asked to come to practice and was given permission so she had to uphold her agreement. The only problem was 'they' were going to be there and would probably want to talk about the whole thing. Sighing through her nose and looking back up at her brother, "I'm just about to get ready.

Giving a thousand watt smile, "awesome I'll meet you downstairs in twenty minutes to leave." His sister nodded before closing the door to her room.

After Yuu waited for what felt like an eternity (f/n) finally made her way down to the front door. Heading out they slowly made their way towards the school enjoying the crisp morning air.

(F/n) was trying hard to keep a calm composure, the closer they got to the school the more it slowly slipped. The moment the gym came into view her paced slowed as she tried to keep her emotions under wrap knowing everyone was going to be curious if she broke down during practice.

Yuu noticed her hesitation and slowed his pace down to match hers, "everything's going to be okay sis, you know why?" Shooting her a confident grin.

Giving him a confused look, "why?"

Stopping and turning towards her, "because I'm your brother and no matter what happened between you and Sugawara I will always be there for you!" Patting his sister on the head as he started marching towards the gym.

Smiling at her brother as he walked away, she knew he meant well but he didn't understand what was really going on and it wasn't like she could even tell him. Making her way to the gym noticing Yuu slipping off his shoes waiting for her to catch up. Getting to the door and sliding off her shoes shoving them in one of the empty cubbies before watching Yuu make his way into the gym. Following behind her thoughts were suddenly cut off by his coach calling out to him.

"Oi, where have you been? You know what time training starts!" Coach Ukai called out causing everyone to look at them walking in the door.

"Sorry coach! I was waiting for (f/n). she took ages to get ready in the bathroom this morning!" answering enthusiastically only to receive a harsh smack to the back of his head.

Angrily whispering, "dont tell people that you dummy!" Looking up and bowing, "apologies on lateness and intrusion." Standing up and making her way inside heading over to the coach.

"It's okay just try to be on time," he scratched the back of his head. "So i know your taking photos and all so i just have a few things to say before you get started." Looking around the gym before looking down at the teenager, "try to steer clear of getting hit by a ball, watch out for the players and try not to get hurt in general."

Sweat dropping at his instructions, "yeah no problem coach. so I'll just setup and try to get a feel for my camera settings and hopefully get a feel for the speed of things." Turning around and setting her things down she could hear everyone getting back to training.

Camera in hand (f/n) quickly worked out settings and got a feel for the speed. The whole time she felt two sets of eyes follow her around the room. Trying her hardest not to give in to temptation and look over, knowing if she did it would most likely crack her leading to a meltdown.

The only problem with that plan was near the end of training she had taken pictures of everyone apart from the two boys. they had started a practice match and knew she was going to have to take photos of them.

During the practice match she had made sure to be fair and take photos of everyone that by the end of training she was completely drained. Physically from running around the court to find better angles and dodging volleyballs that kept flying towards her although she did get hit more than once by a stray ball. Emotional though she was running on fumes from keeping the facade up that she wasn't completely shattered on the inside. She was more than thankful practice was over. Quickly thanking the coach and players before packing her things up and made a quick exist before a certain player could even get a second to speak to her.

By the time she got home she could feel the tears burning down her cheeks. Heading straight to her room she pulled out her phone and searched for the one person who she knew could talk to about the whole situation... Airia.

Hitting the call button, it rang three times before she picked up.

"Yo, what's happening?"

(F/n) could hear the music in the back ground. Covering her mouth as she let out a strangled sob.

"(F/n)! what happened? What's wrong?" Her voice getting serious over the line.

Choking out the words between sobs, "i caught Suga with someone else."

"I'm on my way over, I'll be there in five." With that, the conversation was over.

Hearing Yuu make his way into the house then a few moments after the doorbell rang. Hearing Yuu answer it to her friend hearing them exchange a few words.

Making her way to (f/n)'s room pushing the door open noticing her bestfriend sitting on the floor legs bent up to her chest tear stained faced. Rushing over towards her and cradling her into a hug gently stroking her back. "It's okay I've got you, I'm here now. Do you want to talk about it."

Looking up at her friend hiccuping, "i-i caught him with someone else." Wiping her nose on corner of her shirt sleeve, "i caught him with Daichi." Another sob racked through her. She felt Airia's arm tighten arounfd her as she tried to calm her down.

Little did they know that Yuu was standing on the outside of the door, knowing his sister wasn't going to tell him what happened. He choose to listen in but he wasn't expecting anything like that.