Chapter 25

The minutes ticked for the unlucky few who had to be at school on the weekend to complete supplementary exams. Most of the exams were held in first-year classrooms. Each year only had a handful of students doing the makeup exams, so there was no need to be spread out. Hinata and Kageyama were at the far end of the corridor while (F/n) was closer to the exit.

(F/n) was just about to finish her first exam when screaming could be heard down the corridor and was getting louder by the second. Shaking her head, it only took a second for the third year to work out; it was the volleyball duo. Both were screaming their lungs out as they ran out of school so they could get to the training camp sooner. The thought had the emerald eyes teen chuckling, although the supervising teacher wasn't impressed by the sudden loud noise.

Dropping her head down to continue focusing on the paper she'd almost completed, the thought of doing more made her want to slam her head against the desk. She was going to be at school the majority of the day due to the number of exams she'd failed. Each teacher would be happy to remind the teen of her shortcomings before telling her to hurry up and complete the makeup paper so they could leave.

~~~

(F/n) lifted her hands above her head, stretching out her sore shoulders. She had just finished her last exam. The third-year had tried hard with all the exams but had a feeling she would just be passing by the skin of her teeth. Letting out a breath of relief as she handed the last exam sheet to the teacher before heading home to quickly change.

After getting changed into a pair of jeans, tee and a baggie hoodie, the teen headed off to the nearest bus stop. She had taken Saeko's advice and booked an appointment at a medical centre two towns over to ensure she wouldn't bump into anyone. The thought had crossed her mind about how the blonde knew what to do, but (F/n) quickly pushed it back as the bus arrived.

Snagging a window seat, so it would be easier to keep an eye on the street names. (F/n) knew she had a bit of time before she needed to keep an eye out for street names. Letting out a quiet sigh through her nose, she leaned on the glass; her mind drifted to her parents' disappointment over her exam results. They went on and on after they found out about her marks. They had started off mindblown, followed by angry, then ended up just disappointed. Her mother and father were also quick to remind the teen that it was all due to her breakup with Sugawara and how she should have been focusing on school, not boys. Scoffing to herself, she couldn't imagine how they would react if they found out her current condition. Most likely horrified, and they'd probably want to kick her out after not even knowing the father. It was safer if her parents didn't know. For now, if she could, she wanted to keep it all under wraps, but she knew things always had a way of coming out.

Shaking her head of those thoughts, (F/n) kept her eyes on the street names as the bus moved easily through the town. When the bus got to a specific street, she pressed the button, alerting the driver she wanted to get off. Once the vehicle came to a complete stop, she rose from her seat and exited the bus.

Emerald eyes scanned the street, trying to get her bearings. Giving up trying to remember the way, the teen pulled out her phone and looked up the directions. The medical centre was a seven-minute walk from the bus stop. Checking the time on her phone, the pregnant teen had to be there in fifteen. Nodding her head at herself, she headed down the street, following her phones directions.

After getting turned around a few times, thanks to the GPS (F/n) finally arrived at her destination, the medical centre. The single-story, brick building with a large sign over the front door loomed above the teen. The white timber picket fence around the garden was supposed to give the place a homely feel but just made the place seem more intimidating.

Chewing her tongue between her back molars, she needed to go inside, but her feet weren't cooperating. Checking the time on her phone again, the teen only had a few minutes till her appointment. Swallowing back the stomach bile that wanted to escape, she mentally pulled up her big girl panties as she took in a deep breath. Stuffing her sweaty palms into the pockets of her hoodie before heading down the path to the front door.

As she approached, the door slid open, allowing her to enter the building without embarrassing herself trying to push a pull door. The cool air greeted her warm skin as she took the first nervous step inside.