Chapter 14

A week had slowly gone by till (f/n) found out if she'd be allowed to take photos during the up coming tournament. Takeda-sensei had received the phone call informing him what the teen would be allowed to do during lunch. Pulling the third aside when she'd turned up to training that afternoon he explained the conditions. There were restrictions until her team passed a current point in the tournament. she would only be able to take photos from the stands during the first matches and would only be allowed on the court on the second day after they made it past the first match that day.

Even though there were restrictions she was excited to be able to capture the moments because she truly believed they were going say no. Giving the team adviser a bright smile knowing that she had one less thing to worry about. Running a hand through her short hair trying to work out what type of effect she wanted to achieve this session.

When practice finished up (f/n) quickly packed up her bag while everyone headed off to get changed. Taking her leave while there was no one around she headed for the front gate. Rubbing her arm as she began to maker her way home knowing it would be uncomfortable had she walked with the others. Things with a few certain members were still awkward even if she'd been trying to leave the baggage behind when she entered the gym like Yuu had asked but it was harder said than done.

Coming to stand at her front door (f/n) quickly dug through her school bag hunting around for house keys. Letting out a groan as she squatted down dumping the contents of her bag onto the front steps in hope of finding them. A few cruse words left her lips realizing she'd left them on the kitchen bench that morning. Shoving the contents roughly back into the bag before dropping herself on the front step. Glaring at the empty driveway knowing her parents weren't going to be home for a few more hours.

Letting out a defeated sigh hoping that Yuu wouldn't take to long to get home. Clicking her tongue while going through her phone ending up in the message section. Replying to Airia's texts about random school stuff and a few things in general until her eyes wandered to the unknown number from the weekend. There were a few new messages that she'd been ignoring, biting her lip as curiosity started to claw its way up while hovering a finger over the contact.

The sound of footsteps caught her attention as she moved her finger away, looking up it was Yuu. Letting out a sigh of relief as he came to stand in front of her with a confused look.

"what are you doing outside?" scrunching his brow.

Kicking her toe against the ground casting her eyes away, "I forgot my keys."

snickering at how hopeless she seemed before walking around her to the front door, "so you coming then?"

Quickly standing up and dusting off her skirt, "i had planned to make us dinner when i got home." stepping inside she headed towards the kitchen pulling out things to make something easy, " it would have been ready if i hadn't forgotten my keys."

"it's alright (f/n)~" giving her a reassuring smile.

The sound of Yuu's stomach growling in hunger had her laughing, "by the time you shower the food should be ready."

Looking over her shoulder as he walked upstairs to have a shower followed by the sound of running water had the teen letting out a sigh. Things between the two were rocky but the thought of how normal things were right now made the corners of her lips turn up.

Serving out the food ensuring Yuu got the larger portions after all his hard work at training, taking a seat on the couch before digging in. Hearing her brothers footsteps in the kitchen she knew he was grabbing his plate. The couch dipped slightly as Yuu dropped himself next to her digging into his dinner. the two stayed silent while eating not knowing what to say to the other. (f/n) wanted to break the deafening silence but wasn't sure how to while Yuu also wanted to as well.

Standing up to dump her plate sink wanting to get ready for bed when Yuu cut the silence between them. "can i ask you something?" pursing his lips unsure of himself.

"what's up?" looking at her brother who she really hadn't spoken to her since he'd barged into her room.

Toying with his blonde streak, "sorry about last week. I don't know what going on with you lately but just know i'm here for you," blurting out the last part not really sure what to say.

Relaxing her shoulder knowing her brother was just worried, "you don't have to worry about me just focus on volleyball at the moment."

Quickly standing up and wrapping his arms around around his sister, "i know you're not alright."

Ruffling his hair, "everything will be fine it just takes a bit of time."

Nodding his head and giving her one last squeeze, "if you say so."

"go get some rest," lightly shoving him in the direction of his room. Following him up the stairs shortly after deciding it was time to get ready for bed leaving her school work till the morning.

Throwing herself on the bed she captured her pillow in a tight hug. Her mind was working overtime lately with everything that had happened and could happen. (f/n) wished all her problems could be easily solved. closing her eyes trying to forget her current reality hoping for a decent nights sleep.