Chapter 23

Time moved by in the blink of an eye. The exam season had arrived, and everyone tried their hardest on each exam paper. Well, expect (f/n) whose mind was still on the positive pregnancy test on the bathroom floor. The teen's mind had gone into shock, still struggling to come to terms with her 'condition'. She hadn't even checked the photos taken of the whole scene; it was just too much for her at the moment.

The short-haired female had attempted to focus on her exams, she really had, but her results proved that her mind was clouded. She clutched the exam papers; the red-inked numbers stared back at her, proving how badly she had done. Usually, her results would be in the high eighties or nineties, but this time those numbers were low. Low enough that she would be doing the supplementary classes.

Biting the inside of her cheek to stop herself from making a sound, she couldn't believe how everything in her life was suddenly starting to crumble. Stuffing the papers into her bag just before the bell rang out, signalling lunch had started.

"Miss Nishinoya, please follow me. We need to discuss your results."

She could only mumble out a stiff, "okay." The teen felt herself sweat as curious eyes honed in on her wanting to know if her results were outstanding or if she tanked the exams.

The short female rose from her desk, leaving her bag in the classroom, following her sensei out of the room towards the teacher's lounge. Stepping into the staffroom that was bustling with teachers, she kept her eyes down, not wanting to draw attention to herself.

"Take a seat," the middle-aged woman dropped herself into her desk chair. Waiting for the teen to sit down before continuing on, "so I'm not sure what's going on at the moment, but it's clear something in your personal life is affecting you."

Fiddling with the edge of her skirt, she whispered, "I'm sorry."

Tapping her nails on the desk as she tutted out, "you shouldn't be saying sorry to me. It's your future that's at stake here." Pressing her lips into a thin line, "as you have failed every test, you will need to do the supplementary classes and pass those with flying colours. Do I make myself clear?"

Nodding her head, she kept her eyes down, "yes, sensei."

Running her eyes over the female student sitting in front of her, "I know it's not really my place to pry, but is there anything I can help you with? Or is it something you may want to talk about with the counsellor?"

(F/n) head snapped up as her head shook back and forth, "no!"

A few teachers jumped at the sudden outburst, including Takeda. "Okay then," replying cautiously, not wanting to upset the teen up any further.

Shaking her hands in front of her as tears welled in her emerald eyes, "sorry, sensei."

Clicking her tongue, noticing the forming tears but not wanting to deal with an emotional teenager. "It's alright, just take this time to reflect on your schoolwork. I'll provide you with the details for the makeup lessons later."

Rising from her chair and bowing, "thank you."

Takeda watched as the third-year left the teachers lounge before approaching the middle-aged woman. "Excuse me, I just wanted to see if everything was alright with Miss Nishinoya."

Turning to face the volleyball adviser with a frown, "I'm not sure, to be honest. She is one of my brighter students, but something must have happened for her to perform so poorly during the last exams."

Tilting his head slightly in confusion, "what kind of marks are you talking about?"

Letting out a defeated sigh, "she failed every exam. I'm concerned that something has happened, and she is throwing away her future."