V

[Friendship]
___

Abbacchio stared at them full of frustration, standing at the end of the table with a look that told them that, despite how much he didn't want to because of how unrealistic it sounded, he believed them. He did see that monster or alien creature out there but he couldn't figure out where it would've came from or why it would come to Hawkins.

"It sounds crazy but—" "I believe you, not that I want to." Abbacchio cut (Y/n) off with a glare of distrust, Bruno looking between them and standing up to break them apart if it got too tense. (Y/n) pursed his lips while sucking in a breath, irritated that he was interrupted so suddenly. Abbacchio turned his attention to the short haired teen next to (Y/n), "What're you doing with him? I don't remember you being friends with him."

Bruno glanced at the taller teen and smiled, his fingers grabbing the ends of his sleeves. "I was there when (Y/n) was leaving school to look for Irene, he was really worried about her and so was I." He answered while Abbacchio looked like he wanted to scoff at his words. If (Y/n) wasn't dating Catherine he wouldn't be out there searching for her friend, Irene would've just been another face that'd be posted across town.

(Y/n) could tell that Abbacchio didn't like him, not a lot of people did because he was an asshole and sometimes still was. He hadn't completely changed but he was working on it, he didn't want to be viewed as someone who didn't care about what people thought about him because he did care. He's heard others calling him an asshole or a jerk and he hated hearing it.

"Listen, I know I was a dick to you before, but I've been trying to change." (Y/n) insisted making Bruno send him a look, glad that he didn't throw himself at the other teen and start a fight. Abbacchio rolled his eyes before walking away and heading into the kitchen to grab a cup of water, hoping that it'd clear his thoughts while the other two stayed at the table.

Bruno turned to the taller boy next to him and patted his shoulder, "It's good that you didn't argue with him. That's a sign." He commented as (Y/n) looked down at him with a small, proud smile while nodding. He was glad that someone other than Catherine was noticing his change of heart. (Y/n) glanced over his shoulder at Abbacchio, finding him glaring at him from over the top of his cup, turning away as soon as he noticed.

"Do you think it's gone?" (Y/n) muttered and Bruno looked out the window beside them, the tree line having nothing there unlike a little while ago when that creature was chasing them through the woods. There's no way he'd be able to sleep properly for the next month or two after encountering that thing, especially with the Ghirga boy gone missing along with Irene. Hawkins was supposed to be a dull and boring town that no one ever came to but now it could easily be in theaters for next years line up of horror movies.

Bruno released a sigh then let his gaze flicker back to (Y/n), "I think it's safe but I'm pretty sure school is over by now." He remarked and (Y/n) chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with a small apology. That's gonna be hard to explain to their teachers.

The brown haired boy sat on the couch with his drenched hospital gown sticking to his pale skin, a confused look on his face as he stared at the two friends. He was glad that he was able to leave the lab and get out of the rain but the two that helped him weren't agreeing whatsoever.

"Mista, how am I supposed to keep him in my house? My parents will know someone is here!" Fugo argued with the older boy, his eyes glancing at the strange kid every once in a while. He couldn't believe they just picked up some boy in the forest when they didn't know who he was or why he was out there. He could be a serial killer or something, you could never trust people nowadays.