The Letter

Your 11 years old. You live in London with your mother (Jane) and father (Murray). You guys are a wizard family, a pure blood wizard family.Your family doesn't care much about blood status tho. They worked at the Ministry of Magic. Your mother is from Canada, so your pretty much can easily switch between and English and Canadian accent. Your father went to Hogwarts and you were really hoping to get a letter of acceptance sometime soon.

It was a Monday morning and you went downstairs pouring yourself a bowl of cereal while your parents came in...
'Morning (y/n),' Jane said cheerfully.
'We've got some exciting news!' Murray said this smiling and you noticed him holding something behind his back.
'Did it come?' You stood up.
'It did,' said Jane.
You ran over to them and took the letter your dad was now holding out in his hands. You ripped it open and read it out loud.

Dear (your full name),

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

'I did it! I got in,' you shouted excitedly. Your parents hugged you. You decided you would go that weekend to Diagon Alley to get all your school stuff.