Chapter 11 - Ash's 2nd Galar Gym Battle

Ash's Current Rank: 775, rose from 850 after defeating an unnamed trainer not long after defeating Marnie as a warm up battle.

The day after battling Marnie:

"Alright, here we are," said Ash as he, Gary, Goh and Chloe entered the Hulbury Stadium facility, which contained a large pool containing several round floating platforms.

"Greetings to the four of you. My name is Nessa, the gym leader of this Town. Which of you here are here for a gym battle?" said a woman with dark skin and dark blue hair wearing a swimsuit.

"That would be me, Ash Ketchum," replied the raven-haired trainer.

"Alright, shall we start the gym challenge?" said Nessa.

"More than ready," replied Ash while he and Nessa made their way to either side of the battlefield and Gary, Goh and Chloe began making their way to the spectating area.

"This will be a 1 on 1 battle between the challenger Ash and the gym leader Nessa. Both sides are allowed to use 3 Pokemon and only the challenger can substitute Pokemon. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are knocked out. Can both trainers please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Alright Pelipper. You're up first," said Nessa as she sent out the Water Bird Pokemon. The moment Pelipper entered the battlefield, dark clouds gathered above, causing rain to fall into the battlefield.

"In that case, Lycanroc, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Wolf Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Pelipper, start off with Scald," said Nessa as the Water Bird Pokemon fired off a powerful jet of hot water from its mouth at Lycanroc.

"Dodge it and use Swords Dance," commanded Ash as Lycanroc managed to evade the attack and create a circle of animated dancing swords, sharply raising its attack.

"Impressive. Use Ice Beam instead," ordered Nessa as Pelipper fired a powerful beam of ice towards the opposing Lycanroc.

"Counter with Zen Headbutt," said Ash as Lycanroc's head became surrounded with a light blue aura and charged towards the opposing Ice Beam, overpowering it while taking little damage and scoring a hit on the opposing Pelipper.

"Use Scald once more," commanded Nessa, but Pelipper ended up flinching from getting hit by Zen Headbutt.

"Now finish it off with Stone Edge," said Ash as Lycanroc created two rings of sharp stones around itself and fired it towards the opposing Pelipper, scoring a direct hit on the Water Bird Pokemon and taking it out of action.

"Pelipper is unable to battle. Lycanroc wins," said the referee.

"Return, Pelipper. You did a great job. Barraskewda, you're next," said Nessa as she returned the Water Fish Pokemon and sent out the Skewer Pokemon into the pool.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Lycanroc, use Stone Edge once more," said Ash as the Wolf Pokemon fired another array of sharp stones from the two rings towards the opposing Barraskewda.

"Dodge it and use Liquidation," ordered Nessa as Barraskewda efficiently dodged the attack and swam at a high speed towards the opposing Lycanroc while its body was surrounded in blue energy, scoring a direct hit on the Wolf Pokemon and taking it out of action.

"Lycanroc is unable to battle. Barraskewda wins," said the referee.

"In just one hit?" said Chloe in shock.