chapter 96

"Hailey, ya want this toy?" Scott had gotten her a small race car for her to play with.

Hailey made a noise like she was intrigued as she saw the little device in front of her. "Ah!" She giggled and leaned forwards as she tried to get it in her little hands but because she leaned forwards, she fell forward on the ground and started to cry.

Scott picked her up and made a noise similar to a whine, "aw Hailey, I'm sorry." He was sitting in the little pen they got for her so when she gets old enough to walk, she won't walk around everywhere and possibly hurt herself when her parents weren't paying attention. Scott placed her in his lap and held her up as he looked at her lovingly, "come on Hailey. Ya want the car?" He held it out for her and she stopped crying, turning her noises into sniffles as she rubbed at her eyes. Hailey started moving it around in the air, like it could fly or something. Scott laughed as he started to bounce her in his lap, "alright then. Guess you have a flying car. That wasn't really the intention but ya know what, go for it." He hummed.

Sam walked over and sat down across from the man as he looked at Hailey, "yup, she's their kid." He laughed as he saw her giggling while playing with the car.

"I know dipshit." Bucky scoffed as he walked into the living room to seeing the two playing with her.

"She likes cars. Definitely both of yours daughter." Sam pointed to the toy in the baby's hands as he looked at the soldier.

Bucky rolled his eyes then waved them off, "I have no idea why you people keep saying that but whatever." He walked away.

Hailey was playing with it then tossed the car across the pen and laughed, jumping around because it apparently excited her.

"Hailey!" Scott laughed.

"Why'd ya have to go and throw it?" Sam leaned sideways to grab the toy and chuckled as he gave it back to the girl.

Hailey cheered as she was handed the toy again then threw it across the pen again, laughing from the action that she just did.

Scott laughed again while Sam rolled his eyes fondly at her.

"Hailey, ya keep throwin' it, I ain't gonna keep bringin' it back to you." Sam warned as he waved it in front of her face.

Hailey giggled as the car was waved in front of her and made a grabbing motion for it but whined when the man didn't let her have it. She kept going to grab it but the man continued to refuse to give it to her. She whined then got tired of not being able to have it then screamed, flailing around because she didn't get her way. She kicked her feet around too in retaliation as well.

"Give her the damn toy Wilson." Scott scolded as he clamped his hands over his ears to block the high pitched noise.

Sam nodded his head then tossed the car on her lap.

Hailey stopped crying immediately then hummed as she started to play with the car again. She threw it towards the opposite side of the pen and cheered then waved at it, looking at the other man expectantly like she was waiting for him to go and retrieve for her like he did every other time.

Sam sighed then got it and shook his head. He hid it behind his back, giving her a look, "Hailey. You can't throw it. I give it back to you, you don't throw it."

Hailey whined and shook around in the other man's arms in retaliation.

Tony walked in and saw Hailey upset, "what's wrong?" He turned to the other two expectantly.

"She won't stop throwing the toy to the other side of the pen and I'm telling her not to do it anymore so then she can have the toy back." Sam hummed.