𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

I sat on our old street curb, wearing a black leather jacket, a short skirt and some grey knee socks paired with my old charity shop find doc martens

My hair was thrown into two messy plaits, after I had stormed out in the rain after being told by miss Carter that we would have to go back home today, to be with our dad.

Although I knew we would have too at some point, i didn't realise the last 2 weeks had gone so quickly and we were already having to enter that environment again.

I pulled out a cigarette from the pack I had in my pocket, and held it in my mouth to light with my lighter. As I finally lit it, I inhaled a deep puff and shut my eyes as I let out a sigh.

I quickly opened my eyes as I heard footsteps but realised it was only jordan. I didn't have time to hide the cigarette that I was holding in my hand, but he didn't actually say anything.

He looked at me, and sat down on the curb next to me, in silence. I took out another cigarette and handed it to him, which he accepted and put it inbetween his lips, as I held my lighter out and lit it for him.

"Don't worry bout it Georgie" he finally spoke up, looking infront of him rather than at me. "Why not, we should be worried, especially you" I stated harshly.

"He got given help, they said he's better" my older brother informed me, as he took another puff of the cigarette, to which I did the same.

I shrugged and looked at all the chavs who walked past, most of them giving a nod in our direction as we all knew them, from living in the same estate.

Our estate was very rough, and known to be the chaviest in Ackley, but there was a sense of family within it, apart from the murgatroyds, who everyone just hated.

Two older girls, who we knew to be called Jess and Stacey ran over excitedly after seeing us sitting there on the curb. They were the most girliest, chavy girls you could get, with dyed blonde hair filled with obvious extensions, long fake lashes, full face of makeup, fake fur coats and leather trousers. But we had known them all our life.

"Fucks sake" I heard Jordan mutter as they ran over. "Heyy loves" Jess announced, coming and kneeling infront of us and squeezing both our cheeks with her long fake nails digging into our face.

"Where did you all get too?" Stacey questioned excitedly, as she kneeled down beside Jess. They had known us since we were little kids, playing around the street.

"Went and stayed at family friends house, cos dad was, uh.. busy, you know" I listened to jordan explain to them, obviously lying.

"You could have all come and stayed at ours. We wouldn't mind looking after our favourite kids" Jess exclaimed, a big smile of her face, just drawing attention to her lip fillers.

"Yeah.. thanks jessie" jordan murmured to her. I nodded along, forcing a small smile on my face. "Do you need us to buy you any more fags?" Stacey asked us both, standing up, finally ready to get going.

"Nah it's good thanks" I answered, nodding up at them, just trying to get them to leave us alone.

"Ok sweeties, keep safe. And make sure to drop into my salon! I can give you a free haircut jords, cut some of this off" Jess stated, taking hold of the end of Jordan's hair which nearly covered his eyes, as he just tried to pull away from her.

I laughed slightly as she then looked back at me. "And I'll give you a free lash appointment too doll" she exclaimed, before pulling us both in for a hug, and then standing up next up Stacey.

"See ya loves!" They yelled, crossing the road with a little run, and walking into the corner shop.

"My god" I said, whilst laughing, and taking a puff from the cigarette. My brother smiled along with me, before getting a call from Cory.

"Hi, where are you" Cory said on the other end of my phone. "Estate, you coming back with sir?" I asked, as that was the plan before I stormed out.

"Yeah, beths brought your stuff, start walking home, we'll meet yous there" my oldest brother explained, before hanging up.

"Ready?" I stated, as jordan nodded and we both stood up, ready to walk home and see our dad for the first time in 2 weeks.