𝘵𝘸𝘰

I walked into the canteen at lunch, trying to find Cory or Beth

I walked into the canteen at lunch, trying to find Cory or Beth. I managed to find beth, sitting with missy and Nas at there own table.

"Hey girl" missy called out to me, as she had known me since I was in reception class. I gave her a smile and sat down next to Beth. She looked at me slightly confused and worried. "You alright?" She asked me. I shook my head and tried to not let my voice crack, as I didn't want to sound to anxious.

"Jordan got sent home, he's alone with dad" I whispered to her, making her face drop a little. She took hold of my hand and gave it a little squeeze. "He'll be ok, we'll make sure of it"

Missy and Nas tried to look distracted as they felt like they were intruding the deep conversation we were having, so I said bye to them all, so I could let them enjoy there lunch.

• • •

The day couldn't have gone slower, however the bell finally rang for end of lesson, and I quickly left and walked into the quad, to wait for Cory and Beth.

They took ages walking out with there mates, however finally appeared and said goodbye to them. "Do you not have any friends?" Cory joked to me, as he walked up to me standing by myself. "Of course I do, I want to get home quickly" I snapped at him.

"He's fine, why you so worried, he's used to it" cory said, extremely relaxed. Beth shot him a look, and we all walked back, pretty much in silence.

We walked into the house, and got a strong waft of beer as soon as we opened the door. Our dad was sitting in the living room, slumped onto the couch, with what seemed like hundreds of beer bottles scattered around him.

"You lot back already?" He slurred. "Yeah it's 3:30" Beth told him. "Footies on tonight" cory said excitedly, causing Kevin to get just as excited.

Me and Beth shook our heads at them, and walked upstairs to check on jordan. He was lying on his stomach on his bed, staring at the tv screen, as he played on his Xbox. He yelled something as he was being shot at in his game, whilst me and Beth walked into his room.

"Hey" Beth greeted, as we both took a seat on corys bed. "Alright?" He eventually said, after a long delayed response. Beth rolled her eyes and went and turned of the screen so he would look at us.

"Everything been alright?" She asked, standing right over him, so he couldn't get distracted. He didn't reply and just pulled one of his annoying faces he uses to change the subject. "Georgie get me some crisps" he stated.

"Your impossible jords" Beth chuckled out of despair, sitting on his bed, and pulling him in for a hug. He never likes hugs, however doesnt always fight them, one of the occasions being today.

• • •

It was later on, and all that could be heard through out the house was cory and our dad yelling at the football match on the tv. Beth and I were sitting on FaceTime with missy and Hayley, in our room with the door shut.

"I've gotta go make dinner for Hayley and nana; I'll see you tomorrow girls" missy said cheerily, before hanging up.

"I better go do the same for our lot" Beth announced to me, and went downstairs with me following behind her.

"Pass the fucking ball!" I could hear our dad yell out, which made us laugh. We walked into the living room to see the score, and saw Jordan curled up asleep on the sofa beside Kevin, and Cory sitting on the floor, infront of the tv.

"How can that boy always sleep with so much noise" I questioned, before me and Beth both went back into the kitchen to make dinner. She shoved in a bunch of fish fingers and chips for us, as it was simple, and easy.

They only took 25 minutes to cook, so I helped Beth dish them out onto plates and take them out to the boys and for ourselves. Jordan moved down on the floor for us, so me and Beth could both sit on the sofa with our dad.

"What Film do you want to watch?" Kevin asked, flicking through some differnt choices. "Don't leave it up Georgia and jordan, they only like Disney movies" Cory joked. They all laughed, whilst jordan only shook his head at cory.

They put on a random film as we ate our dinner. And although our dad and Jordan had had a falling out earlier, and maybe been given a few slaps, they seemed to be civil again, and it was one of the nicest nights I had had in a long while.