Extra- Ryuk's body 2

The first thing you did to Ryuk in his impromptu possession was slap him.

"Wow, rude." He laughed, veering back. It was so weird how you could recognize him, recognize that intonation pattern, when his face was so different.

You took a moment to look at him-... that grin, that was what was also familiar.

"This is really, really..." Stupid. Careless.

The words died on your lips as the demon enveloped you in an embrace, burying his head in your shoulder. "You can fight me later, Angel," he murmured, vulnerability lacing his tone. "I just-... you don't know how long I've wanted to hug you."

Ryuk had been your companion for so long, and you hadn't even known that he would feel so isolated in your consciousness.
But... it was good to see him. "I see you in every dream, you can interact with me then-..." you protested, but it was... nice to hug him back.

"...still, Ryuk." You protested. "You have to give him his body back."

"Sure I will. After we get your husband back."

Ryuk didn't say 'husband' with any jealousy, as some of the girls had said their demons showed. He and Mikaela would get along, you hoped-... no, probably not.

Worry for Mika twisted in your chest.
"He was last seen near the Dais, I was told." Your debriefing had been very few words, but it was enough. The Dais was a massive bridge of the old world which had slumped over and created a moderately large island of concrete. It was a good place to find the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and Mika often went there when he couldn't sleep.

When you'd lost Taro, that was the way he had coped. His training had become frequent, feverish. He blamed himself.

The Dais loomed in the bearing distance, and you hopped over a scraggly tree which had shoved through the road. Ryuk was soon to follow, marveling at the gravity of his arms and legs. "Isn't this a wonderful technological advancement? Demons who could possess humans, being sealed into weapons, and then being able to be brought out again-... and I didn't even possess a human!"

You thought a moment as you walked. His gaze was highly expectant. "I suppose."

That wasn't the enthusiasm he was going for, and Ryuk frowned. He had picked a good vessel, he was thrilled. "Maybe you don't understand."

You gazed at 'him', those eyes that looked so familiar somehow. His hair, black and long, when in his true form it was never past his shoulders. "You still need to give him his body back."

"A human possessed by a demon possesses insane amounts of strength, super speed, high dexterity-... Angel, what happens when a vampire, someone already with nearly all of that, is possessed?"

You turned slowly to him. "Haven't you tested it?"

Then he was gone, his movements so quick that if you were a human you would have seen nothing.

He was there again, behind you, the heat of his chest radiating at your back, even in heavy uniform.
He set his had to your shoulder and breathed you in. "Honey." He murmured, his voice appreciative. "That's the smell. I thought you would."

It didn't even seem flirtatious, but-...

You reached your hand back, and gently ran a hand over your contracted demon's hair. "Let's get moving."