Unremarkable Articles

*Andrew's POV*

V🤪
-please just try and keep it a secret-

A
-I'll do my best v, although you know mom checks the news where your at just to make sure you haven't died-

V🤪
-why did that make me laugh?-

A
-because it's easier to joke about dying than it is to face your own demons-

V🤪
-hhhhh-
-I hate when you're right-

A
-ehh but you love me anyways-

I slip my phone in my pocket and get back to work operating the lift on the bucket truck. Working with the local electric company has its perks, meaning I'm hardly ever home. Except for tomorrow and the following few days, I took those off because I was under the impression Violet was coming. Now, I'm stuck going to a show without her. I highly doubt any of my coworkers would wanna go with me.

"Yo Drew, bring me back down." I hear Ri's voice through the walkie.

"On it." I radio back as I bring the lift back down.

Ri climbs into the truck and shuts the door with a sigh. "That is the sigh of a job that's finally done."

"It's about time slow ass." I joke with him.

"Nah... hey, what are you doing later? I had plans but they fell through and I'm tired of spending my free time alone." He asks.

I hesitate for a moment. "Uh, I have tickets to a show tonight but I don't exactly have anyone to go with me... did you-"

"Hell yes man! Yo, what do I owe you for the ticket?" He nudges my shoulder as he rifles through his wallet.

"Nothing actually, my sister is dating the artist and Billie said she left tickets for me at the gate." I say with a chuckle.

"Wait, as in Billie Eilish, that Billie? That's who were seeing tonight?"

"Uh- yeah... is that a problem?"

"No I just... nevermind dude."

I can tell something is bothering him, but I don't wanna pry and ruin any good vibes we have going on. Ri is probably the only guy on the crew that isn't a cheating douche bag. Actually, I've never seen him with anyone. But, who am I to judge? I haven't gone out with anyone either.

After leaving the work truck, I make my way home just to have my mom ranting at me the moment I get home.

"Andrew, please tell me you've seen this!" She asks, shoving her phone in my face.

I shift my body to deflect her. "No I haven't."

"Well your sister decided to get into some legal trouble- hold on let me read this to you..." she adjusts her glasses on the bridge of her nose. "Student Violet Adams presses charges on fired professor following rumors of sexual fraternization with another." She enunciates every word as if she's mad and that it's my sisters fault she got raped.

"He deserves everything he has coming to him ma..." I say as I open the fridge to find something to eat.

"What do you mean?" She says, her brow furrowed.

"He- that piece of shit raped her mom! And nobody was there to protect her, you sit here acting like it's her fault that this happened to her. She didn't ask for this! Just like she didn't ask to be bi, but hell, neither did I!" I shout at her.

She just stands there flabbergasted, like I've committed some heinous crime. "You're... you're both... gay?" She says absolutely disgusted.

It's in this moment that I realized what I've done. I've not only outed myself, I've outed my little sister. Fuck, she's going to hate me for the rest of her life. I feel the color drain from my face as my mom spews obscenities and slurs at me, pointing her finger at me accusingly.

Fuck this.

I trudge back outside and get in my car and just drive. I call Ri after a little while, kind of not feeling the silence I'm surrounded by.

"Hey man what's up?"

"Hey, can I come get you and we pregame or some shit?"

"Hell yeah I'll send you my address."

He does just that and I plug it into my gps. A few minutes later and I'm pulling up. He looks really different from earlier, it's weird seeing him not in work clothes.

"You're still wearing that?" He says as soon as he opens the door.

I look down and realize I'm still in my sweaty work clothes. "Yeah didn't stay home long enough to change..." I cringe internally.

He ponders something for a moment. "Do you wanna come up and shower? Pretty sure I can wrangle up some clean clothes for you."

"I don't wanna impose-"

"You're not. I promise." He says with a smile.

I let out a sigh. "Ok then."

Half an hour later I finally feel clean. I wrap a towel around my waist and wipe the steam off of the mirror and run my fingers through my hair. This is as good as it's gonna get. I open the bathroom door and it's squeaky hinges give me away.

"Hey, I left some clothes on the bed for you. Let me know if something doesn't fit. The boxers are brand new." He shouts through his apartment.

I can't help but chuckle. At least he's thoughtful. I get dressed and head into the living room and there it was.

A

Big

Giant

Pride flag on the wall above the couch.

Well that answers any questions I might have had.

a/n: surprise POV. Some of you guys liked Andrew's perspective on things and I felt like this would have answered questions from the last ch with a lil extra spice sprinkled in.

Have my bubbies eaten today? Have you guys had enough water? Do you need a hug? How's your emotional and mental health?

I love you bubbies 💕