Bad dreams; shoo!

"Hello, child." Midreaper said, in a dark and creepy voice.

Midreaper came out of the shadows making the walls get rusty and degrade falling apart. His long claws sunk into the remaining wall material.Ivy's heart is racing.Ivy trips over an old ratty doll.She lands on the cracky unkept alley pavement getting her knee's wet.Ivy looks over her shoulder with fear in her eyes.Midreaper is getting closer; faster and faster.

Ivy picks up the ratty old doll then tosses it to a empty cart. The ratty old doll lands beside the right wheel that is missing a piece of the metal in the middle.Ivy gets up  turning her head away feeling sweat slide down her skin.She resumes running taking a sharp turn to the right only to see there is a dead end ahead.

"You can't hide from me." Midreaper taunts Ivy. "No one hides from me."

Ivy came to the dead end. She turns around letting her fingers meet the hard sturdy wall.

"I wasn't hiding." Ivy said, mustering her courage up. "I was giving you some exercise."

"I can smell your fear." Midreaper said, in a frightening tone.

"What kind of fear are you smelling?" Ivy asks, tilting her head. "Indiana Jones fear, Star Wars fear, Harry Potter fear, Inspector Gadget fear,Maleficent as a dragon fear--"

"That is enough." Midreaper interjects. "Your annoyance won't do any good to stop this nightmare."

The fear sets in Ivy's mind.The nightmares that Midreaper had been inflicting in her dreams.Ivy had just managed to escape what terrible and troubling scene Midreaper had created. She had been trying not to fall asleep for the past two days--and pretended to fall asleep whenever the Sandlers had peeked into her room--just to not fall asleep. However, Ivy didn't make it to the third day. She fell asleep.

A high pitch and small bark drew Ivy's attention.

"Rufus?..." Ivy sad, looking over to the left.

With every bark Rufus made, the small dog''s paws bounced off the ground, and his little tail wags both ways.

"Why are you in my dream?" Ivy asks, raising her right brow up. She starts to think.

"Stop thinking!" Midreaper  demands.

Rufus continues making the adorable loud and small dog barks.

"How did you get here?..." Ivy said, and then thought about little kittens with cat wings strolling by following their mother in a straight organized line. A entertained glint replaces the desperate fear in Ivy's eyes. A smile spreads across her face and she seems to be put at ease.

"Stop!" Midreaper shouts, grabbing Rufus and throws him into the distance.

"No!" Ivy yells, pulling herself up waking at once.

Rufus is sitting  by Ivy's side wagging his little tail and whimpering.Rufus tilts his head to the side staring curiously towards Ivy. Rufus's cute pose bore a great reminder to a doll version of a adorable brown bear shrunk.There is some light, from the darkness beginning to fade, pouring out the windows that some showers Rufus in a gentle white-gray light.Ivy holds her right hand out then strokes down the side of Rufus's furry  right shoulder feeling tired.

"Oh Rufus." Ivy said. "Dogs don't get the credit for being the hero."

Rufus walks over and came on to Ivy's lap.

"You're so sweet." Ivy said, and then lightly claps her hands together.

The nightlight turns on beside the bed.