Chapter 28

As the two body glued to each other, nothing else seems to matter, Sukuna didn't say anything else but hug Tsuna even tighter. Her face was buried in his chest as his chin lay on top of her head, making the two could be even closer with each other.

"I really thought that death was the only way to see you again"

"I know I couldn't.. But I wanted to die" Tsuna said as she gripped his clothes tighter.

"..."

"I'm sorry for leaving you for so long, Hime"

"I'm so sorry" Sukuna said as he hugged Tsuna.

"I'm really sorry for leaving you" He apologize again. Tsuna only kept silent as she continued to sniffled her cries

"It was my fault that time"

"I was careless"

"..."

"Please don't say you want to die again" Sukuna said, not letting go of her.

"You promise me, remember?"

".. I" Tsuna looked down again as she started talking.

"I- that promise was what kept me alive"

"But the fact that you died doesn't change, Sukuna" She said as her eyes started to watered again.

"I couldn't sense you anywhere"

"It took me who knows how long to finally found you"

"To finally found your remains" She said closing her eyes remembering the scene where she invaded a place that said was guarding a powerful demon's body, she tore apart seals, kill lives and such to open a coffin that had his lifeless body.

"Worst of all, I couldn't touch it. Even till you die, I couldn't feel you." She said as she started crying even harder, Sukuna pulled her close to him again, burying her face in his chest.

"I stayed beside you for who knows how long when I suddenly felt your presence."

"When I thought it was you, I ran and ran till I saw it, but it wasn't you, it was just some weak cursed-spirit that had one of your fingers"

"I had thought that I could at least collect all your fingers together, thinking maybe I could do something. But every time, every time, just like your body, it rejected me." She had with frustration.

"That  was my fault.." Sukuna said with a sigh.

"I didn't thought I would die, but when I do.." He started explaining.

"My powers would reject you, because it would be trying to protect you. When I'm alive I can regulate it but when I'm gone my powers would be out of control, you and me both knew how cursed-energy effects you so, for you not to get hurt, you won't feel anything."

"But nor will you be able to do anything"

"..."

"..."

"... I'm tired" She said suddenly sounding down after a moment of silent.

"Hime.." He said placing one of his palms on her cheek. Tsuna didn't looked at him as her head was still facing down.

"I'm so tired..."

"Look at me" He said, Tsuna was reluctant at first but slowly tilt her face up to face him.

"I don't want to be angry with you anymore" Tsuna said.

After she said those words, Sukuna didn't know what else to say, he had never known regret could feel this bad. He wanted to say something but Tsuna asked him first. "Can you-can you just tell me what happened?"