Chapter 18

Reaching his arm out to find the warmth that was beside him all night, Sukuna's eyes immediately shot opened when he noticed his side was already cold, like nobody was there before, Tsuna wasn't there, she was gone.

'I don't know why I'm feeling this, but I feel like I need to leave.'

Her words from last night echo in his mind, hastily getting up, he ran out the shrine in search for her. Was she lying when she said she wouldn't leave?

'Damnit! Why can't I sense her curse powers?'

Where was she?

Sukuna felt his heart was pounding quickly in his chest, cold sweat drop down his forehead as he continued to ran while looking around in search for her. 'No, she can't leave me'

'Please no..'

As he continued looking for her as he ran, he finally stopped.

His wandering eyes stopped when he saw her figure, her long black hair swayed with the wind as her figure stood straight beside the riverside, the kimono she was wearing was accompanied with a shawl draped over her shoulder.

A pleasant smile was seen in her expression as she quietly stood there while her eyes watched the flowing water.

Sukuna released a breath he didn't know he was holding, but he didn't know why her being there felt surreal. 'Was she always that enchanting?'

He couldn't peel his gaze away from her.

He then reached for her, afraid what he was seeing wasn't real, he needed to make sure, he needed to make sure she was real, he needed to capture her in his arms, he needed to make sure she wouldn't be able to leave him.

Reaching her, Sukuna immediately engulfed her in a hug, Tsuna doesn't seem surprised with the sudden hug as she placed her hands, on top of his. "What are you doing?" She said chuckling a bit.

"You were not there"

Sukuna's answer cause Tsuna to chuckled again, "I wanted to get some fresh air"

"Don't leave me alone"

Sukuna said again like he didn't hear anything she was saying. She would usually be annoyed but she only smiled at how he was acting, was he really that traumatized by what she said last night, well it felt nice how he didn't want to lose her.

"I think we should keep our distance for a while"

Tsuna said as she turned to looked at Sukuna, but the moment their eyes meet.

"Why? Is it because of what I said? Did all those things I said to you scared you? No, don't be afraid of me, please don't.. I'm sorry.."

Tsuna eyes widened looking at his hurt expression. "No, no, I didn't mean whatever you are thinking"

"I think I may have to avoid curse powers for a while" She quickly explained as she looked at him while reaching out for his hands, holding his hand in hers, she then was about to continued when Sukuna cut her off.

"You don't need to worry about that"

"Don't you notice how you are completely fine right now?" He said as he cupped her cheek.

"Hmm? I'm currently holding up a barrier?" She said a bit confused.

"Let it down" He said. "You'll be fine" Tilting her head in confusion, she then closed her eyes and took a breath before slowly dispersing the barrier around her, she knew he wouldn't let her be in danger so, she believed in him.

But if it did cause some damage to her, she wouldn't really die from it, probably just unconscious for a few days.

Her eyes were still close shut when she felt something touch her lips, opening her eyes slowly wanting to know what was touching her lips, it felt somehow soft, but she couldn't grasp her mind on it, even so, it felt familiar, as she opened her eyes she was shocked to realized what touching her lips was another pair of lips.