Chapter 17

Sukuna didn't believe Tsuna was gone, he didn't believe she had died, he was still thinking she was still alive, no, he was sure she was still alive.

Carrying her lifeless body in his arm, Sukuna walked back towards the shrine, he needed to take care of her, he knew she would wake up, no matter how long, she will wake up, she wasn't dead. Even though her heart wasn't beating, she wasn't dead.

He didn't know what he was feeling right now, he felt empty. He was angry at himself, frustrated, he wanted to kill, he wanted to kill people, he wanted to see blood. The only thing that was stopping him right now was that he finally had her in his arms now, nothing else matter, he had to take care of her, her, Tsuna, who was sleeping in his arms.

'I won't leave you alone'

'You need me.. no..'

"I need you.. I need to be by your side" He mumbled to himself as he lifted Tsuna up a bit. Letting his skin touch Tsuna's, in hope of finding the warmth she gave, but there was nothing. Her body was cold, she was stiff and cold.

'No.. She's still alive' He kept saying to himself.

--

Day by day pass and Tsuna wasn't showing sign of waking up, her body only got colder and colder. Sukuna didn't leave her, he didn't sleep, he didn't do anything, because he was afraid, she will wake up and leave him again.

'Please wake up'

'Please don't leave me'

Those were the words Sukuna kept repeating inside his mind as he lifted Tsuna's hand to palm his cheeks. 'I love you'

--

As days continued to pass, on one night, Sukuna could hear it, he could hear her, he could hear her heartbeat. It was weak, very weak, but it was there, she was alive. He didn't know how much time passed but it felt like centuries. But one thing was for sure, that was, she, Tsuna was alive, and she will one day open her eyes for Sukuna to see again.

Even Sukuna himself was at his limit, after his fight with Tsuna, he had used too much of his power, and when he broke Tsuna's sealing technique by force he had used his power to the max. He should have rested, but no, he kept looking after Tsuna.

He just couldn't bring himself to sleep, he couldn't feel peace if he slept, he just couldn't.

But on one day, he finally couldn't take it, and his eyes finally closed because of how weak he felt.

Not many hours have passed, but he woke up in the middle of night, he gasped in shock when he woke up because he was surprised, he had fallen asleep.

But as he lifted his head to check at Tsuna, his eyes widened, 'Please don't let this be a dream'

Tsuna was sitting up on the futon as she looked at the opposite side of the room. But Sukuna didn't care, he hastily stood up and reached for her, pulling her into a hug. As he buried his face in her neck, he realized this wasn't a dream.

She had woken up.

Nothing else matter anymore.

"I-" He was about to say something but was cut off.

"I'm sorry. But who are you?"

--

It was the middle of the night, the two beings inside the shrine were in love with each other even before they realized, but now, was it one-sided? The woman's feelings for the man, has it disappeared?

Sukuna's eyes widened at Tsuna's question, 'No, it can't be'

"Tsuna, please stop it" He said as he grabbed both her shoulders and slumped down.