4.

My work was too hectic for me to think about what happened with Jinyoung, my last text to him unread and unanswered. I screwed up for sure...

The week finally came to an end, my phone ringing non-stop despite leaving work late on Friday. I answered the calls while sitting in the car, getting calls from different people one after another.

I finally exited the car when my phone rang again, the frustration building inside me as one guy from overseas just couldn't get it right.

"No, it doesn't matter when everyone from management has not approved it" I explained in English, not understanding which language to use to make him understand anymore.

"We won't launch it" I repeated.

"Neither I nor anyone said yes. Find out who disclosed it" I instructed, the irritation obvious in my voice as I hung up.

I walked towards the elevators just as the elevator doors opened to reveal Jinyoung and a group of guys.

I gave him a half wave before answering another phone call, speaking in Korean now. His friends nudged him towards me, Jinyoung standing in front of me with a shy smile.

"Sorry give me one sec" I mouthed before continuing my call. The guy didn't seem to understand anything I was saying, making me close my eyes in frustration.

"Which subsidiary are you from?" I asked in English, finally getting a proper response from him and switching to Chinese to explain what to do next to him again.

"Yes. Please make sure it gets done. Write me that email" I sighed, finally hanging up.

"I'm sorry. Weren't you heading out?" I asked in Korean, looking at his friends lingering and chatting while trying to give Jinyoung and I some privacy.

"It's fine. That was interesting to watch" he smiled, one of his friends coughing loudly after his statement. I glanced at his friend before turning back to Jinyoung, waiting for him to continue.

"Are you free tomorrow?" he asked quietly in English, looking into my eyes.

"Yes" I blinked, taken aback by his sudden question.

"We never managed to get our coffee outside" he explained, his friends coughing when they heard coffee.

"Tomorrow?" I asked, giving him a wide smile.

"Yes please, I'll see you at 2?" he smiled back.I nodded in response, unable to stop smiling. He gave me a wave which I returned, my cheeks hurting from smiling for too long. My eyes followed his car as his friends tugged him along, their cheers echoing in the carpark.

I laughed to myself, shaking my head as the elevator headed up, calling Mark the minute I entered my apartment.

~

"I'm nervous" I sighed, laying facing the ceiling the next morning.

"Wear something other than trainers please" Mark sniggered, clearly enjoying my discomfort after I told him.

"It's just coffee. Nothing more"

"You keep telling yourself that"

"I am just me. And he's him. Incredibly good looking and all. But honestly, who really has a blown up photo of themselves. It's so weird"

"I can't deal with you. You're good looking too. And successful. And so what? You need more friends even if he isn't a potential spouse"

"I don't think I can think of him in any other way... and hey. I hate you. I have this colleague at work..."