CHAPTER 36

It's a hot afternoon during the last week of April when Lieze and I planned to grab a lunch outside with Loren. It's been a week since Loren got married. I am one of her bridesmaid while Lieze came as the maid of honor. One thing that changes over time is our relationship towards each other. It's getting better and better. We are more comfortable with everyone's presence. We joke around and tease each other. We curse each other without getting offended.

And, that was one in the long list of impossible things I thought that wouldn't happen. Like, really, it will not. But, here we are... We live and learn. Good thing that we all want to fix things, to put it on its proper places. At ngayon... It's already on my hand. I just realized that it is not a rocket science. Just like that, all of my bad memories with them became good. And, it's so nice to know that we are all aiming for a better future ahead of us.

"How's married life?" Lieze asked, sipping on her bubble tea.

I looked at Loren and waited for her to answer. One of my naked truth is, Loren was one of the most beautiful bride I've ever seen in my whole life. I have no idea if it was because she was wearing a wedding gown or simply because she was marrying that time the man she really loves. They looked so perfectly fit together and I've never realized it until the moment they tied together.

"It's kinda different... We have to get up early and cook for ourselves, prepare everything. Shop and those whatnots above married life but I feel happy, like really." Loren shared, looking so in love with her life now.

"You should visit Mom. Tumawag sa akin kagabi and she was crying." Suggestion ko.

Her eyes widened, taking a sip on her tea. "What? Ang OA talaga ni Mommy. Siya nagpupumilit sa akin na magpakasal na e."

Lieze chuckled. "Because she wants to have a grandchildren."

"Oo nga! I want to have a nephews and nieces na!" I uttered out of excitement.

Kids are so adorable and cute, and everything that is nice! Their little fingers, the sounds of their laughter, and their adorable smile... Oh my gosh, I can't wait to become an aunt with Loren's child!

"Excuse me? I didn't marry that man just because I only want to have a child of my own."

"Wala kaming sinasabing ganyan. Can't you understand, Mom pushed you to get married because you're right of age and she wants grandchildren at the same time." Lieze explained.

Loren nodded and shallowed the food in her mouth. "You and Ryle can make a baby narin para playmates sila ng anak ko." She suddenly said while pointing fingers on me.

I titled my head and finished the food inside my mouth. Bakit sa akin na napunta 'yung usapan?

"It's too early for that. Two months palang kami!" I admitted.

"Wala naman sa tagal 'yan. May iba nga kahit ilang years na naghihiwalay parin." Ani Loren habang pinagtataasan ako ng kilay.

"Why are pressuring her? You brat." Said Lieze.

"I'm not! 'Di ka talaga pwedeng biruin 'no? Malay natin baka gusto naring magpakasal ni Ryle. You know batchmates kami niyan. Magka-edad din ata. I'm five years older than Tallinn so nasa right age narin si Ryle ng pag-a-asawa.."

Napanguso ako habang iniisip na magpapakasal kami ni Ryle. Hindi pa nga namin naayos 'yung kay Tita Beth tapos tatalon na agad sa kasal. Parang ang unfair naman namin. Gusto ko maayos muna talaga 'yung sa pamilya namin.

"Si Lieze muna." Sagot ko at tipid na napangiti.

"Oo nga, Liezela! Magpakasal ka narin next year. Matanda ka na!" Giit ni Loren.