CHAPTER 38

"Ipinagluluksa ng milyon-milyong taga-hanga ng Filipino racer driver na si Aza Quangco, mula sa Mercedes-ACS Petronas Team ang kaniyang pagkasawi mula sa isang malagim na pagsabog ng sinasakyan nito sa French Grand Prix na kasalukuyang ginaganap sa Paul Ricard Circuit sa Le Castellet, France. Kilala si Quangco bilang isa sa pinakabatang racer driver na napabilang sa World Drivers' Champion sa larangan ng karera para sa Formula One at siya ring naging dahilan para makapasok ang Mercedes-ACS Petronas bilang World Constructors' Champion sa parehong taon. Idineklarang dead on the spot ang racer driver pagkatapos itong mailabas sa sinasakyan nito pagkatapos nang halos isang oras."

I shallowed hard. He's too young. Ang aga pa. Bakit ang bilis?

I'll die happy. That was he said to me when we are still togetherㅡ that if one day speed will kill him, magiging masaya siya.

But are you really happy Aza?

It took three days before Aza's corpse was sent back in the Philippines. If there's one thing I'm really thankful about his father's presence... It would be now. He used all his power and connection para maiuwi kaagad ang katawan ni Aza. If it would not him maybe it will take a lot of time before we see Aza again. But, honestly, it wouldn't change a fact that he's a manipulating man who ruined the life that his son build for himself.

Ayoko siyang makita ngunit wala akong magagawa. Wala rin naman akong karapatan na magalit ngayon. People around me are mourning for his death... For the unexpected death of Reonel Azarde.

Maraming tao ang nag-abang sa pagdating ng katawan ni Aza. Akala ko noon ay marami na siyang taga-hanga ngunit mas marami pala talaga. They are holding balloons and banners saying that he is a pride of the country because he indeed is. His passion and drive to achieved his dreams made the whole country proud.

"Our world drivers' champion left the world." Mikel said with a sad smile.

I tapped his shoulder and give him a friendly hug. Huling araw na ni Aza ngayon and Mikel was with him the whole time. I could really tell how devasted he is. He didn't just lose a teammate but he also lose a friend.

"I still remember when he said that... That he wants to drive. At first, I thought that it was a plain and simple driving thing but he ended up laughing, saying that it's not like that," Cinda chuckled painfully as she delivered her eulogy. "Little did I know, I'm watching him compete... Achieving his dream by driving to life. Be part of the podium, fall in love... And, experienced his greatest heartbreak." Cinda uttered those last two sentences and met my eyes.

I shallowed the lamp in my throat as I listened to her. She slightly nodded before she wiped the tears that is cascading down to her face. Ryle held my hand and squeeze it. I looked at him and he give me a reassuring smile.

"That jerk called often not to ask how's my day but to say how much he loves this girl... He said, she's different, unique, whatever you call it... Rare. Gosh, ang daming adjectives but one thing is clear, he wants to marry her," Cinda's voice cracked. She get herself a tissue besides her before she continue. "But it went downhill. Things needs to end or even letting go someone important to you is a must."

Cinda's lips is shaking as she glanced at her father. She looks so disappointed and mad. Na kung pupwedeng lang ipagtabuyan ito ay gagawin na niya.

"And if you guys think that dying is the most painful thing that Aza had experienced... Well, you got it all wrong. I witnessed his greatest downfall... Watching the girl he loves dearly fall in love with someone else... That's it." She continued, almost making everyone cried. "T... I know you're listening, I hope you forgive him. You know him so well. He only thinks of you. Ikaw lang lagi. That my brother... That Reonel Azarde is madly in love with you. Thank you for making him happy... And to you Aza, drive freely... I love you so much. Send my greetings to Mama. I miss you both!"