CHAPTER 04

It's already second week of June and Vern just started his school year. Mom and Dad sent him to school and Ryle was to early to left home since he has a lots of meetings for this day daw.

Mom called last night and asked me to pay her a visit today. Wala naman daw si Loren dahil may trabaho iyon tuwing weekdays, same with Lieze. They are both working on their own company though. I agreed to Mom plans. Bago mag-lunch ako pupunta roon at ipapasundo niya nalang ako sa driver nila. I already told Dad and he seems so happy about that.

Around 10 AM when I decided to take a bath. After that, I get myself a mom jeans and a halter top. I paired with it my white sneakers and a vintage look belt bag. I also get a crop top jacket to put on later since my friends and I are going to a birthday party ni Che this evening. I think mga close friends and family lang din niya ng nandoon. Bukas pa raw ang p-party ni Rachel sa club, para sa inuman.

It's almost 12 when I arrived at Mom's place. She's smiling widely when she saw me. Ibinaba ko muna ang regalo ko kay Rachel sa sofa at inabot ko kay Mommy ang bulaklak na binili ko kanina bago ako nagpa-deretso rito. She smell it at itinabi narin muna iyon.

"Thank you, anak. You look so pretty! As you go age, you look so much like me!" She said and kissed both my cheeks.

I smiled. Nahalata niya lang siguro na medyo na-awkwardan ako kaya nahihiya lang siyang ngumiti sa akin.

"I cooked for our lunch! I heard favorite mo ang kare-kare kaya I cooked. Sana magustuhan mo."

"Ah, thanks po." I said and followed her in the kitchen.

I seated besides her. Nakahanda na ang mga pagkain at hinihintay nalang kami. As we began to eat, she keep on looking at me. Nangangapa rin siguro nang maaari naming pag-usapan. Hindi ko rin naman alam ang sasabihin o gagawin ko.

"It taste good po," Iyon nalang ang nasabi ko.

She smiled widely and offered me more of kare-kare.

"Thanks. I thought you didn't like it. Ang hirap din pala kasing iluto niyan pero sinubukan ko talaga," she laughed lightly.  "Anyway, are you going to stay here, anak? I mean, for tonight?"

"Uh, hindi po. Aalis din po ako mamayang alas tres."

She nodded. "Ang aga naman? May gagawin ka ba? Why don't you stay for dinner? I'll cook anything you want."

"I actually have a party to attend po. Birthday po ng isang kaibigan ko," I said and sipped on my glass of water.

She nodded and smiled at me. Napatingin siya sa kamay ko at bumalik sa akin. Maybe, she remembered what happened to my last visit. Ayoko naman ng pag-usapan iyon. I just don't want her to feel that she's responsible for what happened. It was all in Loren. Problema ni Loren sa akin iyon dati pa man.

"Kumusta po kayo?"

Napangiti na naman siya. Mom is so pretty and she even get prettier when she smiles. She looks so fine and peaceful but I know deep down with her pretty smiles, there's a lot of feelings she needs to hide. Totally, she needs to protect herselfㅡ for me and for her two daughters. I am not an idiot for not knowing what might she is feeling.

It's hard to stay in between.

There's no guarantee on it.

I badly want to open up to my Mom. I want to trust her but it will take time. Hindi pa ngayon, maybe someday... When I am fully healed. Ngayon kasi medyo malabo pa. I still feel the pang of pain within me by merely seeing her. Ang hirap naman kapag ganon.

"I'm fine, anak. And, I am very happy that you agreed to visit." She said and sipped on his glass of water.

I nodded and offered her a short smiled. "I'll try to visit as often as I could."