CHAPTER 39

"You're here."

Ryle and I both glanced behind our back. Humiwalay ako sa pagkakayakap ni Ryle sa akin para batiin si Cinda. I smiled gently as I saw her holding two basket of flower. Probably, the other one is for their Mom. She click the key-fob of her car resulting to a short sullen sound in this placid place. She hang her bag on her elbow, moving slowly and smiling a bit.

Parang si Aza. She's screaming power and elegance. It is really on Quangco's blood, huh?

"Hi." I greeted.

She nodded and glanced at Ryle before she looked back at me. After Aza's interment Cinda came to talked to me to tell how happy she is for me. I have no idea about why but she looked so sincere and I can't help but to feel happy about it. My thoughts subsided when Ryle excused himself to give us some privacy. I watched him take a steps away. Sa marahang pagtikhim lang ni Cinda ako napabalik sa ayos. She somehow looks okay. Either she's good at coping up or she's good at hiding her pain.

"How are you?" I asked.

Napabuntong-hininga siya at marahang inayos ang kaniyang mahabang buhok na tinatangay nang hangin.

"Breathing." She replied shortly.

I exhale a large amount air and nodded. "I brought some flowers for him and pay him a visit." I stated.

She bit her lower lip and her eyes went to Aza's tomb. Naniningkit ang mga mata at mabigat ang bawat paghinga. I stared at her and from her side profile, she really looks like Aza. A girl version of Aza. Pero kapag kaharap mo ay nagbabago ngunit may resemblances parin.

"He's happy for sure." She said and looked at me. "Anyway, I'm here to say goodbye. I'm going back to US. Magpapaalam lang ako."

Tipid akong napangiti. I thought she's already okay but the way her eyes gleam... All I can is sadness. She looks so vulnerable.

"Um, I thought you're staying for good. Nasabi mo noon."

Napanguso siya at napailing. "Akala ko rin. I went home to stay but Aza died. I know myself, hindi maghihilom 'yung sugat dito. Kapag nag-stay ako rito maaalala ko lang lahat nang sakit na nararamdaman ko."

I nodded. At some point, escaping is healing.

"I hope you don't mind asking..." I mumbled, weighing her reaction. "Uh, how about your Dad?" I asked carefully.

She titled her head and scowled. "He'll be okay. I'm still mad at him but he's my father. I'll just need time..." She stated, half smiling now.

She's kind...

And forgiving.

"Thank you, Tallinn." She mentioned and offer her hand for a handshake. "Thank you for your helped. Thank you for your genuine love for my brother... And, sorry. Sorry sa lahat."

"It's all good now, Cinda." I smiled and give her a hug. She was shocked but I chuckled to make her feel at ease. I slowly tapped her back and embrace her tightly. "Stay happy, Cinda."

"T-Thank you, Tallinn." She smiled warmly and held my hand to face me. "Never live with regrets. You can't please everybody so don't mind them, instead live your life to the fullest. Their opinion about you will not define you as a person so choose the things that will make you really happy, okay? After all, you deserve it. At sana alagaan ka niya. Sana maging masaya ka palagi."

I smiled and nodded.

I will, Cinda.

I will be happy.

I glanced one more time at Aza's tomb and finally saying a little goodbye from my heart.

Meanwhile, I found myself smiling while looking at him from time to time, caressing our hands, dancing in the sweet beat of music. Our laughter is such a music to my ears, blending perfectly, as if every beat rhymes with our own heartbeats.