Recovery

A stinging pain shocks my brain, my eyelids jolt open as the shocks occur. I look around, seeing the room is lit by one bright light.

I cough up smoke, as if I'd just inhaled a cigarette for the first time.

I try getting up, but my body doesn't give in. It feels like my whole body has weights to hold me down. I hold my breath to conceal my pain. The more I ignore it the more I don't feel it... at least that's what I'm hoping.

Instead of resisting the sudden weight, I take deep breaths, regulating my heartbeat well enough to get blood flowing and help my healing quicken.

I close my eyes in hopes to focus on my healing.

When waking back up, I feel a light hold on my hand. I look up, finding Yuji sleeping himself, sitting on a stool with his head dropped. I sit up, feeling much lighter than when I went back to sleep.

I smile at the unconscious boy, feeling warm knowing he was here even when I didn't know. I shift myself closer to him, soon having my legs on either side of him. Still holding his hand, I lean in for a kiss.

I kiss him once, and he kisses back, but he doesn't wake oddly. "Yuuuuji" I whisper, causing him to slightly wake. I kiss him once again, this time much slower, and passionate.

He kisses back, instantly humming to the satisfaction of having my lips against his. "Hey" His voice was sexy and quiet with his eyes droopy like every time he woke up.

Thinking about him being here even though he had collapsed before me, makes my heart feel heavy. I feel weak, and like a complete idiot. What kind of girlfriend am I? I feel my emotions burst and my breaths turn shaky and my heart beat like a race horse galloping or first place.

"I was so scared" I hug him, instantly holding him tight, with no intent of letting go anytime soon.

"Why?" He asks softly, getting up to have a better hold on me. I stuff my face in his chest and feel Yūji hold me tighter, his heartbeat began to rise like mine.

"You collapsed.. and I had no idea what happened. I couldn't even get to you Yuji" I feel my tears trickle down and a kiss land on my head.

"It's okay.. I'm here now" He says quietly, planting more kisses on my head. His fingers run through my hair, slowly brushing it. For a moment he stops, then I hear an over exaggerated gasp.

"W- what is it?" I look up at him with a shaky voice, slightly frightened by the boy's gasp since I'm unsure of what he may be surprised about.

"YOUR HAIR IS GOJO WHITE!" He pulls on my hair and looks closely at it.

"OUCH YUJI!" I slap his hand and then gasp myself at the view of my snow white hair. "H- Holy shit it is w- white" I trip over my words and wipe my tears away quickly while my eyes widen, trying to make sure I'm seeing things right.

"S- sorry.. I just got surprised" He holds his nape and nervously speaks, looking away.

"It's fine baby" I hold his face and turn it to initiate eye contact. His eyes have widened and his face is red. "What?" I tilt my head, holding a giggle due to his funny expression.

"You called me.. baby" He holds my face and looks at me with a pout.

"Did you not like it?" I hold his arms as his hands stay on my face.

"I loved it.. Keep calling me that" He kisses me once and helps me down from the bed I laid in.

"Okay" I feel my face heat up when he requested something of me. I internally smiled and walked with him through hallways.