Play Detective

"Kanada, Shimada, Yamato, and now Morishita... I was shocked to hear they passed, but also... I can't believe it's already been twenty years since they graduated..." The old man with glasses says looking as if he were thinking back to those times.

"it feels like it was just yesterday. They weren't as bad as you, Fushiguro, but they were trouble makers. What do you need to know?" The man adds.

I look to my side, seeing both Yuji and Kugisaki tease Fushiguro. Fushiguro raises his hand "Strange rumours, dark rumours, any relationships with bad adults?" Fushiguro smacks the pair for their teasing. "Or karma, getting what they had coming" Fushiguro finished calmly.

"Dark rumors..." The man holds his chin with his index finger and thumb. "Troublemakers, yes but nothing out of the ordinary for a junior high student. But, as far as karma..."

"What about the Yasohachi bridge bungee jumping?" One of the two guys from earlier says, I didn't even notice them.

"Idiots A and B are still here?" Kugisaki blankly stares at them.

"Uh, Yasohachi bridge?" I look to Fushiguro directly for the first time today, slightly feeling my stomach  twist.

He tries not to look at me the moment our eyes locked. He chose to put his eyes on Yuji. "I- it's a place known for suicides. It's also a f- famous hot spot for paranormal activity" Fushiguro says, glancing at me before the old man.

"That's right! Bungee jumping off the bridge in the middle of the night was popular with the punks back then. It was kinda like a test to the mettle" The old faculty man says with his finger pointed up.

"What a weird bunch" Kugisaki awkwardly smiles.

"There are actually a lot of people more stupid than me!" Yuji says, I turn to him as I giggle.

"You're not stupid anyways" I ruffle up his hair while the guys continue to talk.

"Uh yeah he is" Kugisaki narrows her eyes on Yuji.

"No he isn't" I blankly stare at her and hug Yuji while I was at it. "He is smart, really"

"Ew!" She shivers.

Yuji gladly hugs me back with his warm muscular arms. I sensed Fushiguro's uncomfortable energy while he was listening to the students.

>>>

"A lead..." Nitta crosses her arms.

"I've been to Yasohachi bridge before" Fushiguro says, slightly looking towards me as I stand beside Nitta and against the car.

"To bungee?- ow!" He gets another hit from Fushiguro.

"Paranormal spots, like schools attract curses... so the Jujutsu High staff goes there often" Fushiguro explains to Yuji.

"Anyhoo, we need to go there" Kugisaki says and I nod.

"There wasn't anything special there when I went. It's famous for paranormal activity, but it's still being used as a normal bridge" Nitta states.

So I guess we're going there?

"Fushiguro" We all look back to the old man from earlier. "How's... Tsumiki?" The man asks with a smile.

"...Good" Fushiguro says blankly.

"Who's Tsumiki?" Yuji asks.

"My older sister" Fushiguro looks at me for the first time as he opens his door.

I give him a soft smile and a pat on his shoulder before crouching into the car.

"WHAT?! YOU NEVER TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF!" Kugisaki rants.

Kugisaki wanted front this time, there was no reason for me to say no... well at least in their eyes. I don't think Fushiguro is comfortable with me in the back with them.

"Fushiguro has the right to his own privacy. There's a reason he doesn't share possibly. Calm down" I say softly, looking out the window past Yuji.

"I'm not gonna shout because it's you" She huffs and slouches in her seat.

"Love you" I pat her shoulder and bring my back to the seat again.

The rest of the car ride was slightly awkward. It consisted of Yuji showing me memes and the feeling of glances from Fushiguro. But when I'd look at him, he would be staring at the scenery outside.

"Remember this day?" Yuji says quietly, presenting a picture of myself with a cup of bubble tea on my hand.

"You took a picture of me" I look up at him since my head was on his shoulder. He could tell I didn't like that idea.

"Well.. you look good, as always" He hums.

"But you... here's proof it's you" I show him a picture of chopsticks up his nose and he smiles wide. "Very funny" He chuckles, hesitating to kiss me and looking away with a wide embarrassed smile.

I giggle and get back up from his shoulder, looking over to Fushiguro who found himself staring at me. Our eyes lock, it was almost as if we couldn't move and were frozen in place.

"uh-" I look away, fiddling with the drawstring of my hoodie.

I believe we arrive when the car had begun to slow down. I look outside to see a bridge, a fitting place for bungee jumping, but in a more.. safe way.

My heart drops when I see two people standing in the handles, barely balancing themselves.

I go to Yuji's side, frantically unlocking the door. The concerned voices become muffled. "I need to get out!" The car was still moving but I didn't care.

I run after a sudden trip and reach them by immediately pulling them off. "What the fuck are you guys doing!?" I look down at the two who have their backs facing me.

One has short brown hair and is almost Satoru's height from what I could see before. The other was short with curly fire red hair.

"Hey! What's going on?!" I look to my side to see Yuji walking up to us.

Both turn around and their eyes showed me their entire past. Their eyes widened as mine did and the whole world blurred away. I couldn't even bear to speak for my throat felt like it had been twisted and bent.

"A- A- A... M- M- M..." I slowly lift my finger and it shakes towards them as they both get up.